1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Year?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Oh I didn’t know that. So much for that.

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yeah he was like a hot potato you don't want to handle last. There's a whole lot of criticism of Colbert, but people forget quick they got a 3rd round pick for him, and now his dumb ass is out of the league for being an idiot for substance abuse issues forfeiting hundreds of thousands of dollars to be able to run and catch a football.

Colbert has made some bad picks, some good ones, and overall is recognized as one of the willingness GMs of all of 2000s. An interesting side note while people are with flames and pitchforks wanting him out.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    We have a couple of good RBs in Conner and Samuels. Add a decent FA vet and we can easily be 3 deep. The problem is that the coaching staff will never go down that path. Add a QB who’s an admitted gunslinger, being 3 deep just means having 2 guys riding the pine

4. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    If friggin rooney lets them go out and get a pro bowl corner to match haden they will be fine..... Still have a top 3 offensive line a top 10 qback, JUJU a real good tightend.... Get a receiver to match JUJU and cornerback to match haden and we are still a top 3-4 team in AFC..........

5. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    They are gonna have alot of money to play with..... No more bell plus his money from last year, no more brown and your never gonna have to pay shazier..... No excuse

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

This is subject to change pending some players being released, Ben getting a extension.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I may be wrong, but after AB leaves, only Pouncey and Ben were on the roster for SBXLV. Pouncey, of course, didn't play because of injury in XLV.

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Let's wait until we at least get a cart before you put the horse in front of it:smiley1:

Under Tomlin, there will always be drama queens, it's just a question of whether or not he can find new cliche material to make it look like it's not his fault.

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I forgot about Pouncey. & I think you're right about them being the last two after dingddoong leaves.

10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Fanforlife likes to hide behind the disagree button. Why? A challenge to say something

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Yeah, we'll always have a few, so will everyone else; it's the NFL. I wonder how much of a drama queen Ben would have turned out to be if he had a more disciplined coach?

Give me 4 or 5 superbly talented drama queens who are all about winning and 0 equally talented drama queens who are all about themselves and I will be a happy fan:smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    drama queens who want to win? depends on the definition of winning. Winning the bank? winning the stat sheet? winning a rap battle? lol

hines ward was a drama queen but yes he truly wanted to win.

Bettis a class act like heath and Troy.

Ben drama queen who wants to win, or at least he had that fire 2004-2010. he sure did come with some baggage.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    I don’t get these players that choose substances over millions of dollars. I’ve never seen a joint that’s worth a million dollars. I mean just put the weed down. I’m pretty sure if I remember correctly all players are tested yearly right? So if they try smoking in the off-season they still get drug tested but yet they still smoke or whatever is there a drug of choice. I guess some people just can’t kick it.

Martavis could’ve easily made 10-20 million in his career right now with the talent he has. I haven’t looked at his contractual status but I’ll bet you he hasn’t made but maybe 4-5 million in his whole career and it’s probably all gone or close to it.

14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    A couple things to add to that, they know exactly when they are going to be tested for weed and they still fail!

Think about the mold of the guy you're talking about; these are guys who would be dead or in jail if it weren't for their athletic talent. No upbringing, no social awareness, no responsibility, more money than you or I can fathom, and a league that ignores their drug abuse. It's a pretty much guaranteed outcome.

15. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    Yeah it’s disappointing. There’s programs for players when they come into the league for stuff like that right? I’ve seen stuff on ESPN where they showed the players getting a session on how to manage their new large amount of money and how to stay away from trouble. I guess it goes in one ear and out the other.

You have to think it’s got to be hard to live that life then go to college live almost the same life then go to the NFL and get life changing money and be expected to keep inline all the time. I understand how it happens just wish they had more willpower or the want to keep themselves away from idiots that perpetuate their problem.