1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Next year schedule much easier then this past year.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Next years schedule looks harder than this years imo

2. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    so difficult to really gauge a schedule strength. I'd be interested to see historical pre-season strength of schedules vs how the season actually ended up and how likely the estimate held true.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I never understood the left coast issue. I swear it's mental. These are elite athletes and a 3 hour time difference messes with them. There is no jet lag of any meaning for 3 hours when you are in your 20's and early 30's. No way. Yes if you go to London or say Hawaii from the East coast the time difference messes with you big time when you are 40+ but young men, 3 hours is a joke. They are not staying in the holiday inn express and riding a bus on the road like minor league baseball.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Steelers4tim

Steelers4tim Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2022
    At some point, you have to wonder what the Mike Dumblin "groupies" will come up with in 2023 for their yearly excuses for his average coaching. I mean, hell, they're running out of ammo to use for not winning Championships. Look at how they've already shielded Dumblin from blame for the last dozen years or so here in Pittsburgh...look at their inventory of EXCUSES:

"Uh, Cowher left him with a bad team...we're in a cold-climate city...the field is not great...the fans aren't loud enough...it's all on the assistant coaches...it's all because of the players...it's all on the scouting department...he doesn't get enough front office support...it's all on the GM...it's all because of Bill Billichump...we had a "tough" schedule...the refs f***** us....it's all on Big Ben...the AFC is loaded...we're a "young" team...blah, blah, blah."

It's hoped at some point, though, that even the most loyal Dumblin ball washers are going to have to start demanding some ACCOUNTABILITY. The excuses for him aren't working anymore, nor is their blind loyalty to a man who is cashing premium paychecks every single week, but is NOT delivering results. The thing is, and Tim Benz spoke eloquently about it yesterday in the Tribune Review, Dumblin has turned the Steelers into an average franchise again...and it's absolutely f****** disgusting, too.

#firetomlin

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Nearly impossible. There is so much that can change. The Raiders, Ravens, Packers, Colts, Rams, and Titans could all have different QB's next season. Thats 7/17 games. Plus injuries change things too.

Its proven that every year in the NFL about 5 teams that weren't in the playoffs the year before make it. It was 7 this year. The Steelers, Raiders, Pats, Rams, Titans, Packers, and Cardinals all failed to qualify. Next year will see turnover again. Teams that were bad one year will be good the next and vice versa. Who would've guessed that the Broncos, Colts, Rams and Cardinals all would have 5 wins or less prior to the season? The Raiders made the playoffs last year and added Adams and only won 6. No one would've considered these "easy games" at the beginning of the year, but they turned out to be that way. On the flip side, Jacksonville picked first overall last year and is in the playoffs, the Giants made the playoffs too and picked fifth last season. Detroit picked second and was 9-8 and the first team out. Seattle was a bottom 10 team with Russell and traded him, only to make the playoffs this year. Who would've called those "easy wins" at the beginning of the year?

The moral of the story is that we just don't know. It's impossible to look at the schedule at this moment in time and determine if its easy or not.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Well said. I suspect that Jacksonville will be a 11 or 12 win team next year. Lawrence is only going to get better.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Lawerence might be in tier 1 next year. Lamar looks like he won’t play till he gets paid so we will have to see how the other tier 2 member shakes out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not the other teams, but I bet money the Broncos, and Rams would have under 500 seasons, and won money from it. :thumbs_up:

9. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Nice haha congrats on the win!

• Like Like x 1
  10. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Are you letting it ride?

• Like Like x 1
  11. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I will concede that I didn't watch a lot of Trevor Lawrence this year, but man was I unimpressed in their game against the Titans. Missed a lot of makeable throws and did so in big moments. They should have lost that game to Josh Dobbs and crew, and would have without the crazy defensive touchdown at the end there. That was a big moment and I thought he looked bad.

However he did show a lot of statistical growth in his game and looked better than year 1. However, I'm nowhere near ready to say that he's clawing at the heels of Allen, Mahomes, and Burrow yet though. He might be clawing at Tier 2.

12. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Broncos Country..............

LETS RIDE!

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    watch out 72 dolfish.:smiley1::cool:

14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Anyone get a look at the 2024 schedule yet, or 2025....

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Actually...I barely got out ahead.....because of other dumb bets I made. LoL.
    Still the playoffs will see how well I do. If I can end with even a dollar more than I started with......I'm happy. LoL :lolol:

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't see how this is possible, because didn't we have the easiest schedule in the NFL for the 2022 season?

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-have-nfls-easiest-travel-schedule-in-2022.
    The Pittsburgh Steelers have the NFL’s easiest travel schedule in the 2022 season, according to research by Bill Speros of Bookies.com.

The Steelers are the only team that will not cross a time zone boundary this season and will travel the fewest miles at 6,442, despite playing nine road games for the first time in team history.

18. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    hope we can play all 4 west coast games the 1st 4 weeks of the season