1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

New to this board

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by DesertSteel, Jul 31, 2021.

1. DesertSteel

DesertSteel New Member

Jul 31, 2021
    Hello... I'm new here at TSF. I was a longtime member at Steelers Fever until they closed and then joined Steelers Universe. I'm not sure how I missed this one, but I tried a couple after SF closed that were really dead. This one seems to have a lot of activity so I'll be around.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Steelers fever, that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Welcome. Another desert rat never hurts. Albeit I'm now a mountain man but don't want to give folks the wrong impression if I changed my moniker to "High Sierra Pgh Fan". ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Just call yourself, "Mule Days"
    Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And I'm hanging with Sister Sara these days. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Eve

Eve Member

Sep 16, 2018
    Hi All - Yinzer now (and since 1987) living in Maryland. General question. Is there a board with a list of places where Steeler fans by Country, State gather to watch games? It would be nice if someone who travels or moves could see what bars, restaurants, general public places, etc Steeler fans could go and watch games with other fans.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    None that would be reliable post-covid that I'm aware of. You can always ask in the Steelers Talk section, though.

10. Eve

Eve Member

Sep 16, 2018
    Good point! Covid strikes again

• Like Like x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Until DTVs Sunday Ticket took hold, the Black and Gold Brigade was the clearinghouse for posting Steeler bars, pubs and eating joints around the Country (world?) for watching Steeler games on their big TV's. It was a great fan club that organized tailgates as the Steelers traveled the USA. Alas they folded several years ago. No current source that I know of. NFL Game Pass is an inexpensive way to watch all games at home (or while traveling) 20 minutes after they end. $99 a season.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Hello there @DesertSteel! Welcome to the board! Glad to have you on here!

:steelflag::steelflag::steelflag:

13. Eve

Eve Member

Sep 16, 2018

Thanks much for that info. Actually the question came as a result of my granddaughter’s move from one part of the state where she had a bar group to another part of the state and now trying to find Steeler Nationers. I get Sunday Tkt - won’t go onto DVT’s downward slide since their buyout by AT&T ☹️ - and I love NFL Game pass. No regional/blackout issues. Have a great holiday weekend!