1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

new Ronaldo deal

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Animus, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    $207M a year to play with Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia.

My guy bout to get paid, but I can't help but be critical of this move. I highly doubt that Al Nassr generates this kind of revenue to pay him that kind of money. Hell, I bet they could've signed him for half that deal and nobody comes close to matching it. He was getting paid roughly 20m to play with Manchester United. I'm sure this is more of a pet project for the oil tycoon than an actual business decision. This guy is literally about to make almost as much as an average NFL roster, and this is before his mega sponsorship deals. This will definitely bring eyeballs to Al Nassr, but I'm doubtful that they can make this pay off for the long-term.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    chumpchange lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I had to look it up. His contract per year is worth more than double the club's value itself. Imagine the Steelers paying 8B per year for Patrick Mahomes :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Holy sh!tballs, that's some major coinage.

5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Come on man!!! Guy is 37 years old. Is he Tom Brady's brother??:)

I'm convinced Saudi Arabia knows they could never beat us in a war so they are ruining sports around the world. I'm a huge PGA fan and IMO they are screwing with the sport. LIV smacks the tradition of Golf in the face.

What it all comes down to is the almighty dollar/pound/franc/peso and on and on and on.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1