1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

New member- First trip to Pittsburgh questions

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by sc_steeler, Apr 20, 2018.

1. sc_steeler

sc_steeler New Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Hey Steeler fans!

My name is Adam. I'm from South Carolina and I'm a long time Steelers fan! My Grandfather is from Harmony, PA and was a HUGE Steeler fanatic. He gave me a Mean Joe Greene Jersey when I was a kid, and I never looked back. This September my wife and I are planning our first trip to Pittsburgh, and we're looking to go to the SNF Ravens game on Sept. 30th. We've already reserved an AirBnb and are really excited to go to Heinz Field and explore the city.

I have a few newbie questions though...

1. What's the best method/website to purchase tickets? When should tickets go on sale?
    2. With a big rivalry game on SNF, what prices can I expect for tickets? I'd prefer not to sit in the upper deck if possible....however....our budget is not unlimited :/
    3. My last question, what are the must stop places we need to visit in Pittsburgh? (Restaurants, historical sites, shopping, etc.)

Looking forward to the response!

2. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Hmm, my 21st Birthday is on Sept. 30th of this year, and they're playing the Ravens, how ironic as a Steeler fan myself...

Well, I'd be happy to tell you all about Pittsburgh, from my experience:

1/2. For the tickets, I don't go to games as often as others, but I've only been to 3 games in my lifetime, so doing a simple Google search might help you out

Even if you have to pay more for a Sunday night rivalry game rather than a regular 1:00 game, it's worth it in the long run if you've never been to a Steeler game. So, I hope you enjoy the game while we all hope for a win. On an extra note, I'd start searching near the first game of the regular season or even during the preseason to get some good tickets/deals.

3. There's plenty of things to do in Pittsburgh:

Primanti Brothers - Restaurant: Their signature sandwich includes grilled meat, coleslaw, tomato slices, and french fries. Yes, we put fries on our sandwiches up here.

Heinz History Center - A museum of the history of Pittsburgh

Carnegie Science Center - A science-based museum

The Strip - Restaurants, bars, stores, etc.

Southside - Same places as the Strip, etc.

Downtown - Same places as the Strip/Southside, etc.

Duquesne Incline - There's a trolley that goes up and down on a hill in Pittsburgh

Gateway Clipper - A cruise boat that hosts weddings, dinners, and sightseeing along the 3 rivers

I'm probably missing some other places, but these are the most interesting IMO.

Overall, there's something about Pittsburgh that makes us feel great, and it's our Steelers. Black and Yellow is everywhere come gameday. Your life will be changed after this trip. I hope you have a good time visiting and don't forget to take some good pictures as well.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Welcome Aboard I too hail from Butler County.