1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

New Covid Protocol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Seven4Steel, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Can we ship people to Cuba?, i know a certain adminastration said they werent gonna let Cubans in if they try to flee Cuba

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    LOL oh no there was one very colorful person suggesting that during the early part of the pandemic but we won't go there because this is not the place for it. I do agree with what you are saying though.

3. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    It's that grey area where we maintain a military base and imprisoned terrorist at it. Not Cuba proper but US occupied Cuba

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    My work is requiring employees to wear a mask if they have not been vaccinated. And there is a damn thing anyone can do about it. I’ve watched a few fools try to make a fuss over it and they were sent home only to show back up with their mask on a couple days later. Freaking hilarious.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Thanks for helping steer this back on track. ;) The mods' ears must be burning right now.

As of about a week ago, we were at 85%. That's the threshold the NFL wanted teams to get to. We were one of ten teams at 85%. My concern is in the details of the memo, which there aren't enough, imo. If we have half a dozen unvaxxed players and are well within the threshold set by the NFL and an outbreak occurs within the vaxxed players, the team won't be held liable for the damages to the schedule as a result, or be dealt a loss for the forfeited game. But if a single unvaxxed player comes down with it, we can be held liable, forfeit the game, lose game checks for the entire team, and have to pay for lost revenue for the game not being played. That's an incredible punishment for a team that was actually meeting the requirements expressed by the league. I would like to have more details about what constitutes liability. So far, we don't have those details.

And that doesn't mean we still won't have games rescheduled because of another team not being able to participate.

It's just another season of a big ole' can of worms just waiting to get out.

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    My work was trying for 70% vaccinated before lifting the mask mandate but the numbers began to slow so with the latest CDC guidelines they said if you were vaccinated you didn't have to wear a mask, if not you had to maintain mask and social distancing. The kicker is that they have a rule in place saying employees don't have to disclose their vaccination status to anyone. I know plenty of people in my area who aren't and are not wearing a mask.

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    more of your typical useless drivel

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2021
  8. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    What if they've already had Covid?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    The vaccines are meant to prevent severe cases, not stop infections.

By they way, does everyone understand that a positive test for the SARS-COV-2 virus is not the same thing as having Covid-19?

Does everyone also understand that if PCR tests have the CT set too high (>30), the false positive rates are very high?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Piss off, ... more drivel for ya:cool:

11. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Do you know anyone that has had chicken pox more than once?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am not reading in real hard numbers here. Who gets to determine if a team can play?

We watched Denver lose their entire QB staff and they still played with a RB at QB. On the other hand Pittsburgh was put through hell last year bouncing dates around to delay games because of Covid cases that were not as bad as Denver's.

Who gets to decide who can play and who can't? I for one hope they do away with making players sit because they may have known someone who tested positive for Covid.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    No. Your point?

People with natural immunity don't need the vaccine. There's also cross T-cell immunity that isn't being considered, because like natural immunity from a prior infection, Big Pharma doesn't profit from it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    It happens just not that frequently. I remember getting chicken pox and being told once you have them you won't ever get them again which isn't accurate but really close. I had a medium bout of Covid-19 and still got vaccinated and had reactions after both dose the second one being the quickest and most violent so I fully expect to probably have again at some point just based on my case. Still would get the shots again.

15. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Then they shouldn't worry about getting it, your point is moot. The specific issue is employees that are not vaccinated AND get COVID. If natural immunity holds true, then they shouldn't get COVID.

Personally, I had COVID in January and still got vaccinated in April after seeking the advice of a few different doctors. Basically the consensus was, it can't hurt.

16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I have a vaccine & probably the only person still wearing a mask in Florida. :shrug:

17. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Do you know anyone that got Shingles?

Yeah. That's the chicken pox virus. You're not truly immune. You're just far, far less likely to catch it again. But the virus itself can still mess you up. It never really left. Just went dormant in your nerve cells.

It would be nice if catching covid meant you couldn't get it again. Between the vaccine, and former positive cases, we'd already be at herd immunity or very close. But remember. "Immunity" isn't an absolute anyway. And people ARE getting covid twice (not too common, but it's possible) People freaking out that vaccinated people are contracting covid. You already knew this could happen if you paid attention. They're only 94% effective (against base covid. Variants... jury is still out). No vaccine is 100%. But if you're far less likely to catch it, or at least far less likely to develop symptoms, then you're far less likely to spread it. THAT is why the push to get as many vaccinated as possible. We eradicated polio and smallpox with vaccines. We'd have measles gone in a generation or 3 too, but the anti-vaxers keep making sure that stays around.

Get the vaccine, don't get it. It's your choice. But the more people get it, the sooner we're out of this crap.

As for the NFL forcing forfeits. Oh, NOW that's an option. Not when the Steelers we're getting screwed last year?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I guess I just don’t see what the big deal is. I mean you have to have vaccinations to attend school as a kid. With that said I’m not about to tell anyone what to do concerning the vaccination. If you want it get it, if you don’t we’ll don’t.

19. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I will throw a mask on if I am in a crowded space with no ability to social distance. It isn't a "fear" of COVID, it's avoiding the damn inconvenience of whatever flu or cold they will end up giving me. Masks and social distance do work and the fact I didn't have to worry about using sick days because people are inconsiderate when it comes to hygiene, sneezing, and coughing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    What are the odds for this thread getting locked?

• Like Like x 2
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Go Yinz Stiller’s n ‘ at

• Like Like x 2
  22. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    The more I post, the more the odds increase LOL

23. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    So are we overreacting to the flu as well? Are we overreacting to the vaccinated players who developed blood clot and great problems (since less than 1% freaks you out).

The age of football players that get covid, have less than 0.5% of dying. So no wonder you're the one freaking out so bad to saying, "Good. I support this. If a player does not want to get vaccinated then they should sit out the season.".

Just saying, sounds like you need to put yourself in bubble.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    So long as it doesn't go down a political or conspiracy garbage rabbit hole, it'll stay open. Isolated posts may be deleted, as usual whenever a hot button topic comes up that some people can't resist the urge to go political over.

25. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Research ADE. It killed one of my best friends last month after he got the jab.

These mRNA vaccines are new, there is absolutely nothing known about long-term effects, how could there be?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.