1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

New Backup QB?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bouben17, Feb 14, 2017.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Kaepernick is garbage on or off a bended knee. No thx... His running ain't done squat for 2 years and his inability to develop any sort of touch on his passes says it all. He had a good run, so did Sanchez. Flash in the pan lplayers that looked good in all the right circumstances. I'd take dirty Laundry over both and he's not very impressive to say the least.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure, I can see AV blocking on Kaepernick's blind side. Kaepernick is a worthless unamerican piece of $#|¥

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Cousins is in his prime and he will be getting 20 million a year, where do fans come up this stuff that Cousins would come to Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't want LOLandry even in the state of Pennsylvania

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I guess all the years we have been over the cap at this time of year has me gun shy. I guess I would rather stick with ZM(700k) and draft a guy and throw that extra 2 mil you save at a FA that will make a difference. We will have to wait and see what kind of salary space we have when FA starts cause I am still worried that cap space may be an issue.....maybe.

6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I have a hard time believing that any true Steeler fan would even suggest that someone of Kaepernick's ilk would be signed by one of the classiest organizations in all of pro sports. Art Rooney, Sr. would turn over in his grave if we signed this idiot!

Kaepernick should be playing in the CFL (Cuban Football League).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats what I am trying to explain to you. They're not going to be in a position where they are negotiating with a FA and find that they are 2 million apart and go, "omg, if only we didn't give that 2 million to Jones. Oh well, we cant do it"

2 million is a lot to you and me, its not in terms of negotiating a football contract. Colbert said there is always things you can do if you want a player bad enough.

LJ contract won't keep them from signing anyone.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Hope your right, I don't feel the same way I guess that is the result in to many years of counting every nickel and dime during FA, lol.

Quick question, you don't have a 2 million "rainy day fund"..........:shrug:

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I have a 2,000 rainy day fund :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And heres kevin colberts statement on LJ spoken this thursday:

Speaking Thursday, Steelers GM Kevin Colbert confirmed he would like to re-sign No. 2 QB Landry Jones.
    There was a Wednesday report that the Steelers view Jones as one of the NFL's top backups, so re-signing him appears it will be a priority. Colbert did say he isn't sure if the team needs to pursue Ben Roethlisberger's eventual successor yet. The Steelers clearly are not concerned about Ben's retirement musings. Feb 16 - 2:50 PM

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Although, they did sign Vick.

13. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Would MUCH rather have Vick than 'Nick!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I have nothing to back this up but I think that was more of a favor by Tomlin and the Steelers. Vick done his time and kept his nose clean, jmo

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Agreed and I will go as far as to say I would really have to consider turning in my fan card with that signing. Sorry I bleed red, white and blue before I bleed black and gold!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn't, not even close. One exercised his constitutional right and one brutally killed and tortured dogs.

I may not agree with Kaps methods but Id take him over Vick any day.

I dont want either though because they cant play the position worth a damn.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I went off the deep end on this board with my hatred for Vick. With that said, I wholeheartedly agree with you that given the choice I would pick Vick.

I love dogs. I love my country more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe Trump will deport Kaepernick?

A take from Hollywood Henderson:

Kaepernick is so bad he couldn't spell USA if you spotted him the U and the A.

Ok, end of rant.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011

I guess you do have a Constitutional right to be a friggin' idiot if you'd like. We also have the Constitutional right to vote, which CK didn't do. He also has a Constitutional right to renounce his citizenship and apply for Cuban citizenship which he should consider doing since he holds the brutal dictator Fidel Castro, who butchered thousands of people, not dogs, in such high regard! Colin the Idiot is one player who would compel me to renounce my Steelers fandom should they ever sign him.

Fortunately, I think the Steelers are too classy to sign this pathetic fool. In fact, I appreciated greatly how Tomlin handled the questions about his thoughts on players kneeling during the anthem. He said something to the effect that it may be their right, but the Steelers were going to honor our military and specifically their teammate AV who served our country bravely so misguided traitors like Kaepernick can kneel during our National Anthem. Give me Vick ALL DAY LONG!

And...GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    No need for either of em... Garbage

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    amen brother. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You can have him.

Wont comment on the rest because this isn't the place for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  24. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    You're right, Blast. One of the great things about this board and about sports in general is that it's an escape of sorts. It allows us to get away from the political garbage that we're force fed by the media every day. That's why what that stupid punk did in interjecting his political ideology into a game I love really pisses me off to no end! The National Anthem before a game that he is privileged to play in a country that affords him the opportunity is not the place for his idiocy! Roger Goodell needs to stop being such a wussy and DEMAND that the players either stand for the Anthem or keep their pathetic butts in the locker room while it's being performed if they choose not to honor it!

Okay, rant over. We now return to our regularly scheduled apolitical football discussions. :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    If we were to sign a free agent QB: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/ it would look like any QB below Cousins and Fitzpatrick due to their value. I'd recommend signing a good quality backup if we don't resign LJ. Drafting a QB would be another option, but then he would have to learn the NFL system since college football is different from the NFL. I'd rather have a veteran backup than a rookie backup.