1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

New Aliens Trailer - Alien: Covenant

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by SteelinOhio, Mar 3, 2017.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm a big fan of Alien and Aliens (and while Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection are definitely inferior, I don't hate those 2 as much as a lot of others do). I thought Prometheus was very good and I like how it was connected, but still it's own story.

So I'm greatly anticipating the new Alien movie from Ridley Scott. I hope it turns out to be more akin to the first 2 movies than the last 2. Here's the new trailer for Covenant:

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Loved Aliens 1 & 2, saw the second one 5 times in the movie theater, most I have ever gone to see a movie in a theater. Big Michael Biehn fan and loved the character Hicks.

I've committed to erasing 3 & 4 from memory. 3 wasn't bad but the fact that they killed Hicks and Newt was beyond dumb and totally unacceptable to me. Why they just didnt have the organism hitch a ride back to earth and make that the movie is beyond me, I always felt that should have been the end game result. 4 isnt worth discussing and should be put on toilet paper roll dispensers.

This trailer looks good but Im confused by it. They showed the ship they found in the first movie so I can only assume they are on LV-426, unless this is the planet from Prometheus. I dont know. They nuked LV-426 and I thought the ship they found on Prometheus was the one that flew and crashed on LV-426.

Ah well, guess it will all be explained in the movie.

3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, that's the one thing I wasn't sure about from the trailer, either. I'm interested to see where they go with it.

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Looks like a bridge (or maybe one of several) movie between Prometheus and Allen. I'm not so hung up on details. It looks good.