1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

never too early - - 2013 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by CDN Steeler Nation, May 2, 2012.

1. CDN Steeler Nation

CDN Steeler Nation Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
  2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    another cardinal...let's get some offense next year with our first rounder

3. CDN Steeler Nation

May 1, 2012

Wouldnt mind seeing that but what do we take WR if Wallace is gone obviously... TE not needed, RB possibly another lineman? whats your thoughts

and what you mean by another cardinal ?

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    By Cardinal I think he means as in the Stanford Cardinals.

As far as the mock....eh...its early to tell...but I'd say no to a OLB in the first at this point...

5. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Too early for me to know anythign about these guys (but not too early for a mock!), but if we have a choice between DL and OLB, I think we lean DL.

One thing I noticed from the article is that the author doesn't think Toney Clemons is a deep threat. What? He posted a 4.43 40 at the combine and a 4.36 laser-timed 40 at his pro day. Here is a blurb from a pre-draft scouting report on him:

"Effective catching the ball in stride and making things happen after the catch. Good focus and extension, snatching balls away from his frame. Nice job vertically, tracking deep passes. Very good footwork along the sideline with natural coordination and agility. Productive when on the field and is a threat at all levels of the field. Quickly gets to top speed and has some explosive qualities."

This guy has the measurables to replace either Wallace or Brown, if we lose one next year, so hopefully he can play.

6. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I watch Walterfootball.com a lot because I like their analysis. That being said, their guys have Manti Te'o (ILB) in one mock and Sean Porter (OLB) in another.

2013 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
    Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
    This highly-regarded linebacker from Notre Dame can do just about anything he wants on a football field. Whether it is his run defense, pass coverage, tackling or ability to read and react to offenses, he has the potential to make the play.
    Te'o plays downhill, showing a great burst in getting after the ball carrier. His high football IQ will have him in the mix on nearly every play. The obvious comparison with him is to all-time great LB Junior Seau. If there is one particular skill set that will need to get better fast it is his pass coverage and ability to run sideline to sideline. He does not have great speed, which shouldn't hurt his draft stock too badly.

He is a clean tackler with great technique. He drives through the ball carrier regularly, stays low and looks to stay lower than his opponent. Te'o had surgery two offseasons ago. It caused him to miss most of spring practice this year.

UPDATE: Te'o opted to return to Notre Dame for the 2012 season and will not enter the 2012 NFL Draft

Here is a report on Porter:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... genpos=OLB

7. CDN Steeler Nation

May 1, 2012
    I just put this on here so I could throw my man crush for john Boyett out there !

8. PSYCHOSTEELER

PSYCHOSTEELER Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Gotta feelin our biggest need next year will be CB or WR. It all depends on what Wallace does and how our CB's not named Ike Taylor do.

9. CDN Steeler Nation

May 1, 2012

They'll do fine if Coach worked wonders with Gay last year our youngsters should be prime- Lake makes people good. Taylor gettin a lil older as well need to be filled to brim with CB back ups in case and WR not worried yet he leaves....next man up till the draft