1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Never thought I'd see the day ...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FeedTheMachineFTM, Jan 15, 2018.

1. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    that "THE Pittsburgh Steelers" become a punchline and a joke ..

Pittsburgh Steelers have always,ALWAYS been one of those teams / Franchises that was praised and hailed for how they do things right ,how they are the Staple and cornerstone of the NFL..a PROUD and humble franchise ,now look at us !I don't get it and I don't like it ..

We need to get that back ,however that may be ,IDK for sure ,but it needs to change

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    The culture you see now starts at the top and trickles down to the players. The standard is the standard. Unless there is change at the top, it will continue.

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    When players run their mouths, look ahead and don't back it up. This is what happens. You get humble pie.

4. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Lets be honest...this isn't the first time we embarrassed our selves. Losing to Tebow was about like this. We overlooked our opponent and made some crazy bad play calls then also. Same mistakes year after year under Tomlin. Ben driving a motorcycle into a windshield and getting suspended for assaulting a drunk college chick. Year after year of being Brady's *****. The various WR's that either shoot them selves, fail drug tests, and cry for the ball week after week. We've had our share of embarrassing moments. I've had several non steeler fans say that the most talented team in the league lost because of arrogance.

5. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    You are so right, but I think this game was worse than losing to Tebow, that was one play that killed us. This game was a defensive night mare the whole game and a completely different cultural change.

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers spotted the Jags 14 points right off the bat. They were pretty much doomed after forced fumble/TD.... when the score was 28-7. 3 scores down when the defense couldn't get a stop on 3rd downs was a recipe for disaster.