1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Never forget

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt

Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2018
    We will never forget. God bless all those whose lives were lost. The unsung heroes and everyone in between!

EE5E280B-5B58-44CA-BAE7-AA3F257FC047.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    My sister lives 5 minutes away from Shanksville. Those phone call recordings at the 9/11 memorial they have there are something I wish I never listened too. Puts a hurting on ya.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    A guy I used to go camping with never made it out of the South Tower. I will never forget.:flag:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt

Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2018
    Sorry to hear that! :(

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    My proudest football moment was when I was 16 and got to run out with my teammates on to the field and we grabbed big American flags and ran on to the field that Friday after Tuesdays events. It will stay with me forever.

It wasn't for us it was for them.

Never forget 9/11

• Like Like x 2
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not 2 start trouble...., but ...IMO...most have forgotten. Kneeling, and a separate Anthem, not coming out for the national Anthem, and the Division of most of America about one thing , or another. Makes me feel like if it hasn't been forgotten....it been put way back of people's minds. JMO.
    Also this is not 2 offend anyone.
    I Like , and have always believed in live, and let live, and Equality for all.
    It's just 2 show how easily We forget.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If I am not mistaken, it was 9/11 that was the catalyst for players being required to be on the field for the anthem. If that had never been changed, there would never have been a kneeling controversy.

However, I disagree, no one that was an adult on that day has forgotten it regardless of whatever political bs is going on now.

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I hear you STD. Like most things in America these days - half feel one way, half the other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I'm in A bar in Carnegie right now. If you were here I'd buy you a shot and beer for that post.

With the understanding it wasn't to try picking you up. Don't get excited.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Never forget the January 1995 AFC Championship game vs Chargers. Damn you Cowher! :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'll take a shot of 151, and a Guinness. Thank You:thumbs_up:

13. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I used to hang out in Carnegie. It has a very nice Irish Pub in the center of town.

9/11, what a day it was. I was waken by the phone going nonstop. I got out of bed and my jaw hit the floor when I saw CNN. It was sobering to even have ESPN and MTV have nonstop coverage of that day's events. I was 19 and not fully understanding the moment. That day, 20 years ago, was a huge catalyst for me to join the military.

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I worked mainly nights back at that Time, the Bass player was my roommate....I was sleeping, and He was pounding on my door telling me 2 turn the TV on. I remember turning it on , and thinking it was a trick , or something. I had 2 see it on a few channels before I believed what I was seeing. It was so unreal.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I was working at Eli Lilly at the time, saw everyone running to a breakroom & followed. 30min. later we had to evacuate the premises.

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Why did You have 2 evacuate???

17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Something about being one of the few insulin factories i was told. :shrug:
    I'm not sure if they evacuated their own employees but us contractors had to go.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I was driving to our year-end golf championship tournament. Heard it on the radio, and I had to pull over to give the broadcast my full attention. Called my then-wife, who had family in and around metro NYC.

I was the tournament director. We decided to continue with the event (couple hundred people and big $$$ raised for charity). Probably the right thing to do, but we struggled with the decision and trying to be hospitable and friendly given everything hanging over us.

It was pretty hard to get angry at missing a 3-door putt that day.

• Like Like x 2
  19. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    People remember it when it gets blasted all over social media and TV because it's the 20th anniversary. The rest of the year and the last decade or more, it's a total afterthought for most people. We're too busy fighting about what bathroom people should use and whether all live matter or no lives matter. This country is just a bunch of whiny ass prima donnas who beeyotch when they can't get a 5g signal in their parents basement to upload their tiktok videos. Rant over, but yes, too many people have forgotten and it makes me sick.

• Agree Agree x 1