1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

need bigger/strong receivers against the patriots

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Feb 6, 2017.

1. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Julio Jones is definitely a great receiver against the Pats. Better than Antonio Brown. Would I trade Antonio Brown for Julio Jones, in a heart beat. Antonio brown just doesn't have it against the Pats.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Julio had 4 catches last night. Yeah he's a superb receiver but I'm taking AB six days a week and twice on Sundays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    On defense, we need help in the defensive secondary.

The offense is not consistent. It seems our receivers have weak technique for getting open when playing good defenses.

Special teams seem below average, but don`t know what the stats say. Take a knee on kickoffs PLEASE!

That plus a couple of our boys got to stay off the weed and key players have to stop getting injured every year.

At times we seem hopeless, but then we play better and get teased into thing we are great. Then one or more of the above sinks us.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Change receivers to DBs then we can talk

6. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I have to agree that Jones is incredible, but there's no way I'd give up AB. I'm with BFT on this one.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Brown needs a quality #2/1b WR like Martavis Bryant to take the pressure off. Rogers, Hamilton and DHB are #3's at best.

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd much rather Julio.

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    And the Cheatriots just kicked our azz and won the SB with Edelman, Amendola and Hogan. It's not the size of the WRs.....

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

and all white!! .. seems to matter to some people on here :rolleyes:

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I was just saying there are so many other factors like QB play, coaching, etc. Having Julio/Megatron type WRs is not an indicator of success

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    WTH?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    We've got a big, strong receiver. We just need him to be mentally stronger so he can avoid a season-long suspension.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    bigger wrs wasnt the problem offensively for the Steelers. it was more of an experience issue i think. AB is the vet. all the other wrs they put out there are kids aside from DHB and he barely saw the field.

Julio Jones is an amazing wr, but so is AB. they both get it done one just happens to be bigger. AB had more tds than Julio. like i said, it comes down to the Steelers having a very young wr group. next year i think that wr group with the addition of Bryant and Ayers getting more time will be solid. all they hype around their offense was probably a year too soon.

until the Steelers change their defensive approach against the Pats the outcome will always be the same.

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    True. Calvin Johnson was one of the best WRs ever, but how many playoff wins did the Lions get while he played?

17. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We need RB that can beat off defenders!

(Sorry just had too :))

18. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    My and "they're all white" comment came from this post in a different thread. He's a (short white guy) playing WR who was drafted in the 7th rd. he shouldn't be anybody

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am not sure why people can't understand this.

20. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah!!! and if you keep spotting them ten yard cushions that also spells disaster. The Pats play bully football and if your going beat them you have to match that intensity. They play with the swagger as if no one wants to be that guy!! that makes a bad play to cause them to loss a game. We're on our way back to being a dominate team with a few more pieces well be standing on the mountaintop once again. Go Steelers!!!

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Need the coach to spell the running back in games not running his wheels off so when he gets to the biggest stage the wheels fall off...

Need to challenge the QB instead of relying on the running game so much...

22. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Which is why I don't want to pay Brown. I'd rather work out a trade and sign and load up in other areas. We don't need Brown to win. The Patriots have proven that.

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He made a ridiculous catch that should have won the game if the coaches weren't mentally challenged.

But yes, otherwise he was a non factor. He had 10 more yards than AB did against them. Big whoop.

24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    We have one his name is Martavis Bryant. We have never seen MB vs. the Cheats, he was injured or suspended I forget in the game against them 2 years ago.

25. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Probably most Ridiculous topic I have seen in a while. Steelers did not lose cause of offense. If the steelers had bryant and green and a healthy bell they probably would have scored 40 pts and guess what, Tom brady would have put up 41. They have to figure out how they are gonna get pressure up the middle the middle and there corners are gonna be able to play man and get in there face. Tom Brady owns them and they have to figure out how to beat him. Come out flying next year and get the 1 seed. There is no reason they can not. They will be loaded next year and it is time to beat the patriots, not hope somebody else beats them, ala jets, ala broncos, ala ravens. lets do it ourselves.........