1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by keg, Jun 7, 2017.

1. keg

keg Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Hey Steeler Nation! Hope there are some words of wisdom to be had from this forum.
    I am from Toronto and have been an ardent Steeler fan since my childhood. My buddy and I have made the trip to catch a Steeler game for some 25 years. Most of these games were at good old Three Rivers. My question is 2 fold. Firstly, I must say that I truly miss the good old days of tailgating at Three Rivers. Lining up by 7:00 am just to get a primo spot to party made the game almost secondary. Our experiences at Heinz field with the sectioned parking have left a lot to be desired.....so, where is the best parking party area? We come across the West End Bridge. Secondly, tickets. My buddy just turned 80 and we want to make perhaps our final trip to Pburgh. Thinking Oct. 22 against hated puddytats! What is the best ticket exchange out there? Appreciate any help and advice anybody can provide.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I've bought from both the NFL ticket exchange and Stubhub with good success. If you really want to risk it you could try your hand at scalping a pair of tickets the day of, but that's a risky proposition especially for someone who is driving all that distance.

As for tailgate parking, that's kind of tough. As you mentioned, since they broke up the parking so much, it's not the same atmosphere it was. I believe there's some parking near station square where they allow tailgating. I've seen guys set up there pretty darn early. An added benefit of parking near station square would be taking the gateway clipper over. It's something I think most should experience at least once in their lifetime.

3. keg

keg Member

Jun 7, 2017

Thanks for the reply. We always stay Knights Inn on Stuebenville Pike so east bridge way to go.
    We usually do buy from scalpels but did get shutout one year against Cowboys. I was hoping there was some sort of a local ticket exchange rather than Stubhub.

4. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    single game tix went on sale this morning? Why would you not try to buy there 1st before the 2ndary market? I bought this morning for the 10/22 game

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Keep an eye on this site

http://properseats.com/

6. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    I prefer Tickpick. No fees that are hidden until checkout. Only a $10 processing fee. You can download the ticket to your smartphone, so you can wait until close to game time to buy them without worrying about a hard copy.

7. keg

keg Member

Jun 7, 2017
  8. keg

keg Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Appreciate the fans who have replied.
    Can anyone suggest a good parking area coming off East bridge. Best part of game is the "pre game" bbq and "refreshments!