1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

nba free for all

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by darcrav, Jul 4, 2016.

1. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    free agency is insane

just wow

54 signings at $2.8B +

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Kevin Durant going to the Warriors is pretty much shaking the whole earth. LOL! Queen James had better be glad the league done all they could to hand him another ring because the Warriors will probably be unstoppable now.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, I had not heard that yet! Thats weak, I guess if you can't beat em, join em. Curry will break down again with his 5th grade school frame and Durant will panic in the closing minutes as usually and choke. King James will own him and the Warriors again. :taunt:

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah Durant has definitely shown signs of being a choke artist for sure. I'm sure Lebron is not all that worried about this really because he knows he can always count on ticky tacky fouls to keep his team in it.

5. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    come on
    this season was a rigged outcome

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Being the best player by far, not much for him to worry about until someone knocks him off his throne.

I'm shocked that Durant didn't stay in Oklahoma though for at least one more season and try to win it with Westbrook. Could always have opted out at the end of the year. I think Westbrook is one of the most exciting players to watch, would love to have him on my team.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup. I mean probably not "rigged" in the literal sense but they certainly done all they could to help Lebron out. If Curry wouldn't have gotten hurt late in the season it would have been over in 4. He's the best shooter in the league and it's not even close.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Is that you Mrs Curry? :roflmao:

I guess the league got tired of helping the Warriors after handing them the series against OKC.

Curry wasnt hurt, you just have to start banging the slight little man, its what all the old school guys were saying, he'd never be this good in the 80's and 90's. Guess King James and Cleveland took the advice.

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    None of the players in the league today would have been able to hold their own in the glory days of the NBA. That's why the NBA is not as good as it used to be really.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn't go that far, their numbers would be down a bit, but they could still play, Curry too.

LeBron could absolutely play in that era, guy is huge and an athletic freak.

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    He's soft though and back then they played like men. These days the bad boy Pistons would get put in jail. The Celtics were rough as well. Curry is an all time great shooter but the physicality of the game was much stronger then and they didn't call little ticky tacky "fouls" like they do now.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He's soft? LeBron bashers just pull stuff out their behinds.

Curry would have to do like Jordan did when he was going up against the Pistons, they'd wear him down physically, so Jordan dedicated himself to the weight room and toughening himself up. Curry would have to adjust himself the same way. He wouldn't be as effective as he is today, but he would still be a player. Reggie Miller was a stick and he could play, a lot of it is mental toughness. But Curry wouldn't be getting those easy looks he's used too and forget about driving to the basket, he'd get destroyed.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah Lebron has often been criticized for not playing physical enough and taking too many jumpshots and things like that. Reggie is one of my favorite players of all time but he really had a much scrappier nature to his game and he talked tons of trash and could get in people's heads bad. I'd say John Starks still has nightmares about him. LOL!!! I haaaaated Starks and loved when Reggie would tick him off. That Pacers/Knicks rivalry is one of the all time greats in any sport in my opinion. I figure you despise Reggie though. LOL! I'd say most Knicks fans do really.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, by Lebron haters. And the knock is that he isn't a finisher, not that he's soft, guy is not remotely soft. And he certainly finished and played aggressive against the Warriors.

Yeah, I hated Reggie :lolol:

But respected him, guy could shoot. Knicks owned them except for the one time Indy finally won a series. The outcomes were mostly enjoyable though, so I usually enjoyed the last laugh.

Bet you also hated Spike!

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I can't stand Spike to this day. LOL! Really I didn't like anybody associated with that team. Ewing, Oakley, Starks, Davis, Harper, or anybody else. Even Pat Riley. Ewing was awesome though. There's a video of where TNT showed Ewing in the crowd at a game and cut back to Shaq in the studio and he started crying because he said he always felt sorry for Ewing for being one of the greatest players ever but never getting a ring. Jordan is pretty much the main reason for that though. He'll still let people know it too. I don't know if you've ever watched Jordan's HOF induction speech but man it's one of the most vindictive and bitter speeches ever. He BURIES people that he played against and seems to sorta "blame" them for how uber competitive he turned out to be in his life. He even calls out the dang coach that didn't let him play varsity and calls out the guy by name that got picked instead of him and points him out in the crowd! When I first watched it I just thought he was talking about being a competitor but the more I thought about it the more Jordan looked like a real jerk.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You're so weird! I can see non Knick fans not liking Starks but the rest you named??? How do you even like the Steelers because that Knick team was the same lunch pail blue collar type players the Steelers were in the 70's. But you latch onto freaky looking trash talking jerk Reggie Miller, so weird :lolol:

I heard about the Jordan speech, don't remember if I ever actually saw it. I'd have to listen to the context to really say anything about it. Jordan is one of my favorite players though, even know he killed the Knicks, he was just too awesome a player not to like.

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah the reason I DIDN'T like the Knicks, Celtics, Pistons, and Lakers was because of how much I loved Jordan. I still despise all those teams to this very day. Reggie Miller was money though. The other east coast teams I liked were the Magic, Bulls, Pacers, Hornets, and Heat. My overall favorite team is probably the Rockets though.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    What a surprise, another team that put a dagger in the Knicks heart. :lolol:

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    One of the greatest moments of my childhood. LOL!!! MAD MAX! Dude was a nutcase but he could play.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Freaking Olajuwan! Starks was going to win that game.