1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NB Pre-Senior Bowl/Combine Mock Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelCity_NB, Jan 21, 2012.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    This mock will change a little bit during the process, but heading into the post season workouts, this is currently what I see as the Steeler's best interests:

1. OG Cordy Glenn 6'5 345 (Georgia)
    2. NT Alameda Ta'amu 6'3 340 (Washington)
    3. ILB Audie Cole 6'4 240 (North Carolina St)
    4. S Aaron Henry 6'0 210 (Wisconsin)
    5. OT Levi Adcock 6'6 320 (Oklahoma St)
    6. QB Kellen Moore 6'0 195 (Boise St)
    7. K Carson Wiggs 6'0 195 (Purdue)

My 3 biggest concerns are OG, NT & ILB.

I know most will want a CB, but I really don't think it is all that big of a concern. We took 2 CBs last year. Keenan Lewis is starting to develop. Cortez Allen is coming along. Hopefully Curtis Brown will make some strides this year. William Gay did improve. Ike Taylor is still good to go. I think we can get by without drafting a CB this year. Only if one of the top guys fell in the 1st round would I consider it.

I think Glenn can step in from day 1 and play either LG or RG. Ta'amu could get into a rotation in Year 1 then supplant Casey Hampton within a year or two. I think Cole would provide immediate depth and could step in as a starter in a year or two.

I think we have to add some depth at S as we are pretty thin after Clark & Troy. If we don't retain Starks I would like to bring another body on the outside. I think Charlie Batch's days are numbered so I wouldn't mind bringing in a younger QB to learn. Moore lacks size but he has alot of experience and has played some big games and put up big production. I would like to bring in a K to compete with Suisham. Wiggs or Texas A&M's Randy Bullock seem like the best 2 options to me. I would also like to bring in a FB, if our new OC will utilize him, maybe a guy like Wisconsin's Brady Ewing (5'11 245).

2. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Not to shabby NB...I would be happy with this...though I'm not sure about Moore...while he has the experience...I too wonder about his size. And like you said hopefully the new OC uses and actual FB and they can bring in one of those too (UDFA even). I'd be a happy camper overall.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Here’s who I want to get

1. Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
    2. Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
    3. Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn
    4. Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State
    5. Chris Gallipo, OLB, USC
    6. Darius Fleming Outside Linebacker Notre Dame
    7. Jonas Gray Running Back Notre Dame

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Outside the first 2...never heard of any of the rest. And 2 OLBS? And another CB? Switch to an S, and OG and I dunno what else and I think you'd in better shape. Plus I think RB would be a wasted pick...theres NO roster room. I'd rather spend it on a FB or K even.

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, I agree. We are already stacked at OLB, with two All-Pro caliber players, another that's good enough to start anywhere else, and a fourth that's a promising up and comer. Who do we cut for two more, and why? In the instance that you're planning to move them both inside. We might have space for one if we cut Foote/Farrior/Sylvester, but I don't see that happening. Especially since you just drafted one in the first round.

Same deal at running back. We've got a stud all-purpose back in Mendenhall, a stud bruiser in Redman, a steal who could probably start in Dwyer and a shifty 3rd down type in Batch. If we need anything, it's a fullback, or possibly a lightning quick Sproles-type, which are almost impossible to find. Gray doesn't seem like either of those. Who sits on the bench for him? I'm guessing you are preparing for Mendenhall's departure next year, but if that happens, we've already got it covered anyway with Redman/Dwyer/Batch. For depth behind them, we can wait a year.

7. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    I would like to see

1 . Mike Adams OT Ohio ST
    2. Billy Winn DE Boise ST
    3. Mike Martin NT Michigan
    4 Joe Looney OG Wake
    5. Emmanuel Ancho LB Texas
    6. Jaquies Smith OLB Missouri
    7. Tashaun Gipson S Wyoming

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i do like looney and martin. martin is very active and makes lots of stops. he's not real big but makes plays. :cool: