1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Nate Orchard?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Sep 1, 2018.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    should the Steelers kick the tires on this guy? They switched from a 3-4 to 4-2 leaving him as a man without a position. He’s just 24 years old and an upgrade over chickillo and possibly Dupree.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I would think with the money they have freed up that they are going to do their due diligence in guys that are available

3. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Why don’t you try actually adding something intelligent to the board for a change? You know as opposed to your usual garbage. You’re basically nothing more than a troll.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

It is possible. The Steelers were present at Orchards pro day. He is not much of an athlete but he can rush the passer. Not too sure about special teams though.

My vote would still be John Simon. He has experience and can be a solid rotational piece.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    I really liked him coming out of college. I had him ranked higher than most but in 3 years with Cleveland, 34 games, he only has 5 sacks. Chickillo has played in 38 games and has 5.5 sacks. Seems like they are the same guy. I would keep Chickillo just because the team knows him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    He seems to struggle in a similar way to Dupree in terms of overshooting the QB, but I’ll admit I haven’t seen a lot of him bar Hard Knocks.

So not sure he’s an upgrade. Seems like a good guy, though - hope he ends up somewhere.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    My vote would of been to give Keion Adams more of a chance. They spoke highly of him and he did lead the team in QB pressures(11) in the preseason.....I'm just sayin'.

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

More than likely Keion is headed for the practice squad. Within that same vein though, I would assume the reason Chickillo go the nod over him was due to special teams.

If there is one area that Tomlin loves to evaluate players in addition to their position, its special teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I just figured they would keep 5 OLBs I didn't expect him to replace Chickillo. Why keep 6 receivers when Hunter doesn't play STs either. I'm just a little dumbfounded by the Allen and Adams cuts. The abundance of Safeties and WRs is a little surprising...especially at the expense of OLBs and CB depth...

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Loved this guy coming out of college too... Utah IIRC, I would definitely kick the tires, give him to Porter and see if he can coach him to be....oh wait who am I kidding LOL. Seriously though, I wouldn't mind if the team gave him a chance.

11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Damn, that Tomlin and his emphasis on the importance of special teams. It’s not like field position, field goals, or extra points have any real impact on the outcome of games.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Coincidentally enough, just read Vince Biegel is out from Green Bay.

Do we elect to go there? Keep in mind that, along with Watt, Biegel also dined with Biegel's family at the Wisconsin Pro Day last season.

Still Nate Orchard for me but Vince is a young option to consider for certain.

13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I concur.

Finding good kickers is quite simple. I think we need to give the Minnesota Vikings some tips on how to do that! :lolol: