1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by VA_Black&Gold, Mar 29, 2013.

1. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Great season getting going with all the drama and bang 'em up racing. I've got tickets for the spring Martinsville and both Richmond races already, and heading to Bristol for the fall race. Who else is watching? Plans to go?

2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    did Bristol spring will be at Kentucky and then Daytona july
    hoping MYRON will make a run at the fantasy game
    he has 71 pts to catch up to me long way to go tho

3. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    71 points back....:innocent:.....Long row to hoe.We will see. Are you Jrsjunk? Good luck and enjoy Kentucky and Daytona!!:drinks:

4. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    yes i am :smiley1:

i opened my mouth and got smacked down this pst week:eek:

good luck to you too
    it's a long season :thumbs_up:

5. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Well good luck to yinz Junk....But know Im coming after yinz....I need alot of luck!!!....But thats what racin is all about!! Enjoy my friend!!

6. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, thats alot of races! I have been to Martinsville. A great track to watch the race but really LOUD!! Not to mention, Im a Stewart fan and he sucks there.

7. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    GREAT SCORE MYRON!!!!:applaud:
    seems you tamed "the lady in black":thumbs_up:

8. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks!! Finally got some good luck this week....None of my drivers got caught up in a wreck. Still have a long row to hoe to get into top 10! Could use more good luck!!!

9. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The nice thing about living where I currently am is that it's really easy to get to a good number of the east coast tracks. I live six miles from Richmond, about three hours from Martinsville, five to six from Bristol. I could also hit Dover pretty easily as a day trip, and Charlotte isn't that big of a deal if you overnight along the way. Some day I'll get further down southeast to the bigger, faster tracks.

My driver actually won Martinsville. It's been a long time coming for me to see the 48 win a race I actually was at! We're really a Hendrick Motorsports family. The old man is a Gordon fan and Kahne is growing on us quickly (neither of us are Jr. fans). We also like Stewart.

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Growing up in the south it's weird that I've never been a nascar fan but man they have some of THE most passionate fans of ANY sport in the world. There are a lot of Trevor Bayne fans down here because he's from Knoxville and comes here a lot to speak in churches. One of my old supervisors had a little brother that was really good friends with him and worked on his crew. My uncle was a HUGE fan of Jeff Gordon and despised the intimidator. I can say that even though I am not a Nascar fan that doesn't mean that I haven't enjoyed Days of Thunder many, many, MANY times. LOL.

11. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    If you liked "Days of Thunder"......Check out "Talladega Nights"...Different movie,,, kinda funny,,, C+.....Yinz might find it amusing BFT.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    My dad used to take me when I was a kid to races and demolition derbies, used to love it but just never kept up with it as I got older. When I try to watch a race now, just can't get into it.

And yes, enjoyed me some Days of Thunder too :lolol:

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    But did your dad ever take you to a TRACTOR PULL??? THENNN you could call yourself a true redneck! Down here it's almost a religious experience for some! LOLOLOL!

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Man, demolition derbies were the $&*! when I was a kid! In fact, that just reminded me of my childhood dream of being a demolition driver. I've got to get back on track with that. Mrs. TTF is going to be doing her usual eye roll as soon as I let her in on that plan.

Anyway, never have been able to get into NASCAR. When I was growing up, most of my friends and their dads were into it, but it just kind of bored me. I'd much rather watch motocross racing, but that's probably because I used to ride dirtbikes as a teenager.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I would probably give it the same grade you did. There was a makeout scene in it that I just could have REALLY done without. LOL. I remember when I was little and we'd go to the beach at Daytona my mom would always talk about the hotel that Nicole Kidman lived in in the movie and the way I remember it was "it was that one right there... no I think it was that one... or maybe...." LOL. To this day I still don't know which one it was. I can't tell you diddly about a car. But I can CERTAINLY tell you that "rubbin's racin"! LOL.

16. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    No, but I went with neighbors from time to time. :-D

17. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    So true BFT rubbin is racing....and if yinz aint cheatin yinz aint trying!!!!! Dats racing!!!

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    So you're sort of an ADOPTED redneck! LOLOLOL!

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Rowdy Burns was a GREAT driver! You know that by the fact that he had been in so many wrecks that he couldn't remember what a Winston Cup was. LOL.

20. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Did yinz all know Dick Trickle died today?....Insert joke here.........

21. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yes! I was the foster child of many redneck families. :D

22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    And yet Cole Trickle will live forEVER!

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! I guess there are rednecks everywhere. But let me ask you this! Have you ever seen a pickup truck with a pair of enormous testicles hanging from the trailer hitch???

24. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Well, about a year ago I was driving south through West Virginia, and this dude in a super beat up pick up truck pulls in front of me with a pair of rubber looking, dangling testicles flopping around under his hitch. I had to do a double take, but I laughed when I was sure what it was. Now, I'm seeing them around here. A guy cut me off a couple weeks ago and he had a pair of steel ones hanging in back. I told my wife 'yeah, he must have balls of steel to cut me off'. :lolol:

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    HA! There's such a fine line between redneck and white trash! My uncle had a pair on his truck and he told my aunt that his friend from Ohio cut them off an actual bull and painted them and gave them to him as a gift and she BELIEVED him and told me the story! I was like "you can't be that stupid"! LOL! He also fooled one of my buddies when he bought a 49 ford and put some of those "bullet hole" stickers on it to make it look like a gangster car and my buddy came and said "someone shot that car!!!" and I was like "what???!" and so we went outside to look and I was like "you are the biggest idiot I've ever met" and he said "LOOK! RIGHT THERE ARE THE BULLET HOLES" and I said "ON THE WINDOW???" and he was like "dohhhhhhh"! LOL!