1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Najee’s 5th will cost 7 million

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Try again. You just told us that you admit when you are wrong. In this case, there is no doubt about it. I know you saw what I wrote because you responded. I wrote that if they passed on Boyd over something he said, that would have been stupid.

Here is the false claim you just made earlier on this page, stating that I did the following:
    "Kind of like grasping at the Steelers not signing Boyd because of comments he made a couple years ago."

So, where is that integrity you were bragging about earlier?

2. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Exactly it was you. You grasp at any narrative just so long as that narrative points at the FO being stupid and cheap. It couldn’t possibly be that they were in the fence regarding the guy and then after drafting Wilson, Boyd was no longer a fit? Maybe they were willing to settle for the guy as a number 3 if they got a perimeter receiver but they understand his talent or should I say lack of talent now and they were only going to pay so much and only if they didn’t get equal or better talent elsewhere. I think it’s obvious they believe Wilson is a superior talent to Boyd so why waste the money now signing Boyd?

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Stop gaslighting me. I know better and the other members of this board are too intelligent to be suckered in by your lying. I didn't bring that narrative up or agree with it. I argued against it. Now you are lying about that on multiple threads like the dishonest troll that you are.

4. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Well maybe I misread it. I saw it as you using another excuse to take a shot at FO. At any rate it’s been fun bantering back and forth about this subject. I don’t think we’re going to get anywhere or change each others opinion. I do think you will be pleasantly surprised with Wilson. Give the guy a chance.

5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    true that. i was watching Fautanu being asked questions on his first day of mini camp. Started out OK, but soon drifted to ridicules and uneducated questions. I remember when sports journalism was admired, Stan Savrin, Sam Nover and others, nightly news and perhaps weekly or even nightly 1 or 2 hour radio shows. Newspaper guys were at least knowledgeable (some were jerks and continue that trend), but when there was a story you at least felt they were letting you know the bottom line with real sources.

I do not subscribe to any, but my YT feed gets 7 to 10 daily feeds (thanks algorithm), and its filled with this crap from 'sources' (X, IG, etc). IDK how many of these guys have Steeler creds, but it's getting harder to put any respect or trust in anything they say. This includes former players, and guys who are in some way connected to local 'historical' media. There are too many trying to generate clicks, and few if any really digging to get facts.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Supposedly he has lost a decent amount of weight not sure if that will help or hurt. Still don’t think he has any type of breakaway speed regardless so it might hurt his power. Maybe could make him more shifty.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Breaking long runs wasn't his thing in college either, he still was top 5 last year in explosive runs IIRC.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Last I heard, he had dropped 7 lbs, not 15.

10. Dudley35

Dudley35 Active Member

Jun 14, 2022
    Yeah...it would also put the offense in a precarious situation. RW needs a running game to be effective. Trade Najee and Jaylen better be able to stay healthy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    The writing on the wall is starting to scare me.

Steelers RB Najee Harris declines interview request after OTAs (usatoday.com)
    Najee refused to speak to the press during OTA. Talking to the press at OTAs is strictly voluntary, so everyone said it was no big deal, just Najee being Najee. They also said that during minicamp on Tuesday Najee would be speaking to the press as it is required by the NFL for players to make themselves available. Tuesday came and Najee was a complete no show for practice. On Wednesday Najee was there, but in sweats not practicing, and not speaking to the media.

The only person to speak to the media about Najee on Wednesday was Mike Tomlin, with this cryptic message.

Joe Rutter on X: "After not being on the field Tuesday, RB Najee Harris was in sweats Wednesday. Asked if Harris is dealing with an injury, coach Mike Tomlin said: "Not anything that is going to be an issue whatsoever regarding health." Said Cam Heyward didn't get reps, either." / X

So, Mike is telling us there is going to be an issue, but it will have nothing to do with Najee's health.

SH!T!!!! We are so screwed if Najee does not return for 2024.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
  12. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    Najee Harris was held out again today from the 3rd and final day of Minicamp, for "Non injury" related reasons. The Steelers also did not allow Najee to speak to the media again today; or Najee declined to Speak to the media today; not sure who is in charge of deciding who and who does not speak to the media everyday.

Goodbye Najee..... :(

I would expect something to happen between now and training camp. Either Najee gets a new contract, or Najee is playing for another team when training camp opens.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Najee said he will talk to the media at training camp, by then he should have his contract extension :thumbs_up:.

• Like Like x 2
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
  16. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    It drove me crazy they didn't ask Khan why they are not allowing Najee to practice and learn the new playbook with the rest of the team during minicamp.

"Najee, Mike Tomlin wants to see you in his office and bring your playbook."

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is a 3 tool rb, can do it all. Barring injury somebody will pay him fair market value.

• Agree Agree x 1