1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Myles Garrett again alleges Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Feb 13, 2020.

1. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I think he's a Liar too.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This is no place for racism and it’s unacceptable. Please stop.

Shame on you.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    German people don't understand?
    Irish people don't understand?
    Asian people don't understand?
    Scottish people?
    The Welsh?
    How about the American Indians?
    Latinos wouldn't understand?

Seems to me you don't understand. All races deal with inhumane treatment & being looked down upon.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Dumpster fire

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    The part I don't get is the word can be used two different ways by people of any color. Is it always a term of endearment in the black community and always a derogatory insult outside of it? Afraid not. Having grown up in a black community using the word wasn't dependant on what color you were, it was dependant on how you was using it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I see it differently. I think that no matter what the NFL heard, or didn't hear, the NFL is not going to involve itself in a race card success or failure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Correct, it's a word, and how you use it defines it's abrasiveness. For example, "ass-hole" is not a nice word but it's just a word.......until you call someone an ass-hole, then it's an insult.

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That is absolute horse ****!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Not always. Most times it's a fact.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Look, nobody knows what was said besides those two. Anybody pretending they do is biased. I'm just looking at MG interview with ESPN and it doesn't add up to me. He said he said it when he was getting taken to the ground. Imo the only time it could have been said is when they were wrestling on the ground but according to MG that wasn't the case. NFL is fast so he gets hit and randomly shouts this out? Then he says when Rudolph came back at him is when he got mad. If somebody said that you would be enraged from when you heard it until the end. Lastly, she said what would you say to Rudolph and he said he would say he was sorry. If somebody said that to you why would you apologize to them?? Yinz can argue all you want but if audio came out of Rudolph saying that. 90% of the public would be on MG side, assault and all. MG seems like a good dude who did something incredibly stupid and is ashamed so using this as justification. But he didn't think it thru because with those claims he needs to go all in or accept blame. Once again, I could be wrong because I don't know what was said. I'm just trying to make sense of MG story and it doesn't add up to me.

Another example is AB basically saying Ben is racist all off-season and getting others to back him. But now, he's apologizing to Ben about how good he had it. Well what is it? You can't just be throwing around these claims in 2020.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    GTFO with that bull****,!!!! double standerd again... :puking2::puking2:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Just let them have one word. Jfc, it's not that serious.

Look, it doesn't make sense. Any version of the word needs to be eradicated. A lot of older/wiser African Americans don't want to be called any version of it. There's a lot of racial slurs out there and you don't hear them as much because there isn't a cool version of it plastered all over TV and music. You sell music majority to a white fan base and they are suppose to sing songs tip toeing around words. It doesn't make sense but we can't make that decision for them. It will probably take generations to eradicate any version of the word. We will all be better off when they do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Another thing i dont like is how JFC and GD this and GD that is some how acceptable in todays society.... .

• Like Like x 3
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    EXACTLY!

And I'd be willing to bet that if MR were the type of guy to use that sort of language, his team-mates wouldn't be so quick to come to his aide in a fight.

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Somebody is offended by something or other nowadays. People are free to choose what they find offensive but they aren’t free to choose their reactions to if. Well they’re free to choose their reactions but not free to choose the consequences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Rest assured that if enough people bitched about it long and hard enough, it would stop. It's just that most people don't suffer from victim mentality and make it an every day part of their life to ***** about it.

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I mean JFC and GD you can barely say Christmas anymore....lol

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I just find it funny if you say the Nword, everyone thinks well your just a awfull person.. but its ok to say the above mentioned words

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I get it man. It is what it is and like I said everyone has something they’re offended by. Look at SOB people throw that around like nothing and are essentially calling your Mother a B. That’s not offensive? I would think more than anything. It just goes to show it’s whatever you choose to be offended by...

20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    They are free to choose what they find offensive, they are NOT free to tell others what the world should find offensive. I have the right to hate the word "purple", but I don't have the right to expect the world to stop using it.

Garrett thought that playing the race card was 100% guaranteed to work in his favor. He may find out that on rare occasions, it fails to bring about the intended result.

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Actually they are free to tell the world what they find offensive. Doesn’t mean people aren’t free to choose what they say. Just know there are consequences to both. If I know you find the word purple offensive but I keep using it around you. You are free to react accordingly to how it makes you feel. At the same time realize there are consequences to your reaction as well.

22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    My point was, they are not free to tell me and everyone else how "we" should feel about it. Maybe I didn't write that very clearly:hmm:

And quite frankly IMHO, if I get on your case because you use the word purple, I think you have every right to tell me to GFM:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I will say I have lot of respect for Tomlin standing up for Rudolph. I also have a lot of respect for the Steelers teammates a lot who are black and have defended Mason.

I'm not black but Tomlin of course is, if there was any doubt in his heart or mind that Rudolph would of done such a thing he wouldn't defend him. I think that is likewise with the rest of the Steelers players.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  24. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    People have a problem with ROY G BIV? I must of missed something, or been under a rock.