1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Myles Garrett again alleges Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Feb 13, 2020.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Shannon Sharpe is a hall of Famer and college graduate who on live tv said had Mason said that to him he'd reacted even worse than what garret did. Idk your race but if you ain't black this ain't an issue you can try to speak on to justify how a black person should take being called that.

2. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm guessing you aren't black?

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I never said ab mind wasn't warped. But TWO THINGS CAN BE TRUE. Ab is a problem. Ben as well has had his issues that were documented before ab even played in the NFL.

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I thought his apology was what he called the saints workout. A "publicity stunt".

• Like Like x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Do you think Rudolph said it?

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    What black people do amongst each other in our community ain't your business. We can call each other that as a term of endearment cause we are BLACK. That is not the same thing as a white person calling a black person that. That was a derogatory, condescending, imperious etc.. word by whites directed at blacks to deem them inferior and inhumane compared to them. For you to try to compare the 2 in anyway is complete nonsense. But beings though I see you aren't black you wouldn't understand.

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No I don't think he said it because I'm sure pouncey would have been swinging on mason too had he said that. I was just speaking hypothetically if Mason DID say that I would have no problem with how he reacted and I'm sure if others confirmed Mason said that Mason probably would be out the league.

8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    So then MG should stfu because he is making it worse for people who actually face racism and discrimination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree I think it is BS I was just speaking how some people said even if Mason did say that he shouldn't have reacted like that. Like what? That was what I was arguing against. Not if he did say it or not because I believe he didn't say it.

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Do you live underneath a rock?
    Martin Luther King has fought that battle to name one.

11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Unless you don't have the tuition fee, then it's all on you.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Are you black?

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Shannon Sharpe didn't convince me. He is full of wtf moments. Your reaction to prejudice people has a lot to do with not stooping to their level. Hope you get there one day.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He dont have to and I ain't either. You ain't black and nobody who is black should try to convince you ANYTHING in these type of matters lol. That's like when people who ain't black try to tell blacks what BLACKS shouldn't and should say in our community. Ain't ya business fam.

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Define black. Is it a color on your skin? What if your a carribean descendant? History books inform us that we are all black.

16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Kinda like the blacks telling other races what they can or can't say? Fuel the fire with your ignorance. It's bliss.

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They do say that a "black" man was the first man on earth and everyone derived from black people. But black In my estimation is someone who is of African American descent which is a person derived from the African slaves they were brought over to America. They also either were bron in America or have parents that were born an America. An African and an African american/black person is 2 different things.

18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I don’t know but I’m of the belief that if people really want things to change they have to start with themselves and what they themselves can control. While I respect your idea that the word is ok to use among African Americans themselves and as a term of endearment. I don’t believe it’s constructive in trying to remove the use of the word in society.

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So point to me where blacks told other races what and what not to refer to THEMSELVES amongst eachother in their respective communities?

20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    All black people agree with this ignorance? Time to get out from under that rock & see the world for what it is.

21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Term of endearment. Now that's rich.:popcorn:

22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    It's happened. Riddle me this, a non black is part of a black community. Do you discriminate word play with them?

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah because how the hell can a black person tell another black person they are beneath them based on color when they the same thing? Apples to oranges but again this convo ain't for you so stay on your lane.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Again I'm asking you to point me in that direction or give me some examples of this happening where blacks have said hey caucasians, Hispanics, asians, etc... you all cant call EACHOTHER this and that in YOUR communities. And I have several close friends that are of other nationalities that also hang with various blacks. They know not to say the N word and know the reaction they would get if they ever did. Just like I'd never say certain racial slurs or discriminatory terms towards them.

25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I completely agree with that. But again for a long period of time now there's been a clear distinction between how blacks use it and how other races used it as a condescending term towards blacks. They are even spelled differently. The hard "er" ending is considered a derogatory term. The ending in "a" is the term blacks use as endearment. The word period should be stopped of usage but that's for the blacks to decide. Not anyone else.

• Like Like x 1