1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Myles Garrett again alleges Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Feb 13, 2020.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

FC Cincinnati Soccer coach was just railroaded by his team because the team played a song after a victory where they all and he too sang lyrics to rap music that had the N word in it. Apparently one of the players complained about him being a racist for doing that. He is from the Netherlands and hardly knows the historical culture here in the US and how people are so offended by the word. He is now out of a job in MLS because it's completely ok for a certain culture to accept and use the word any way they please and others who listened to it cannot even participate in the same atmosphere.

I can handle your rudeness. It's the ignorance that I have a problem with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm sure somewhere, someone is crying "cultural misappropriation" as they steal music from a copyrighted song for their latest "hit"

3. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
  4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I didn’t know about this case, but I would say that it’s unlikely someone wouldn’t be aware of this, especially as the Netherlands has both a long and recent history of race controversy (look up “Black Pete”). A lot of this has been played out in soccer as well.

That’s not to comment on the Cincinnati case, but just for context.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This thread keeps on veering away from the Garrett/Rudolph situation, and into discussions that are better held elsewhere. Let’s keep this on topic or the thread will be closed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The Jewish, as you well know, were probably persecuted more than any other race but they move on and live their life. The Irish were persecuted horribly as well and they move on with their life. A lot of blacks seem to think they are the only ones who were ever mis-treated and they live their life pissed off because of it......and we all pay dearly for that anger.

7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    My apologies mods, I didn't see your post.

I am done discussing racism.

8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I get where you're going with that with what happened to them BUT I was talking about like the America as we know it with the constitution, amendments, etc.. in place. Plus they just killed all of them that wasn't necessarily racism it was genocidal.

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Just remember folks the less hate you have in your heart, the more fun you will have living your life, and you will make the world a better place.

It also won't matter your skin color, religion or non-religion, sexual orientation, or your political stand point is.

That point aside feel free to hate the Patriots.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We don’t like MG. We think he’s a self centered, lying POS. But we’re Steeler fans.

I went over to the Browns board. He isn’t necessarily popular over there either. :stogie:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm curious which Browns board? I used to be a member of one and the moderator would change the posts of Steelers fans to make them look bad. Browns fans are a lot like inbred people; they want to play in their own poop and keep "everything" in their own little world.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    http://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/forums/1/1/pure-football-forum

13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hmmm. I'm not suggesting our Mods are doing that here but it sure would explain why certain posters look bad no matter the topic or what they post. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Nah, that's just because some people are dipshits.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

16. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    Okay, that made me LMFAO! The double entendre is excellent!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well if he has nieces or nephews he probably already is Uncle Tom-lin....:shrug::hehehe:

• Like Like x 2
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
  19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't understand the term double entendre, the definition of a single entendre is "A phrase that has a single, often bawdy, meaning and is lacking in subtlety or cleverness" which could literally be anything. So what does "double entendre" mean?

Doesn't there have to be a definable quantity of something in order to double it? If I order double pepperoni on my pizza, I expect to get twice as much pepperoni as if I just ordered regular pepperoni; but if regular pepperoni can be anything from one piece to 5 pounds, then how do you know what to expect from double pepperoni?

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In this case it is used as a question and also used in what TV and film portrayed about Native Americans for decades. "Howe White Man.

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I knew "how" it was used (is that a triple entendre) in the post but the term "double entendre" has always escaped me because the term "entendre" is never used. :drinks:

22. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Mike Tomlin Comes To Defense Of Mason Rudolph As Roger Goodell Botches NFL Discipline

by Keith Cummings
    February 20, 202006

If the entire Myles Garrett helmet swinging antics that nearly decapitated Pittsburgh Steelers’ relief quarterback Mason Rudolph was beyond ugly, then his continued conduct serves to pour even more fuel on the fire of the awful situation. Garrett has decided to not draw a line under the incident since he was reinstated for the 2020 season by the NFL, instead, he has stated publicly once again that Rudolph caused his violent reaction by directing a racist slur towards the Cleveland Browns’ pass rusher.

As unfortunate as the nationally televised incident was, it’s the hugely mixed messages regarding players’ conduct and behavior that once again has called the NFL’s motives and image into serious question. Garrett has been shown to continue to point fingers as if to excuse his conduct, he now should regard himself extremely lucky to be suiting up again come Week 1 of next season.

What is glaring, despite Garrett still contending that he was provoked into the helmet assault is the fact that his assertions fly in the very face of all the available evidence.

to read rest of article:

https://therunnersports.com/mike-to...olph-as-roger-goodell-botches-nfl-discipline/

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Never gave it much thought but true. Same holds true with "crossed" and "double-crossed" because "double" implies it happened twice when all it takes is once to be double-crossed.

I'm still trying to find another word for Thesaurus. ;)

24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Garrett's contention, spoken or unspoken, is that "it's obvious he called me a racial slur, why else would I have exploded like I did". To which I say, "what did you do to cause the explosive reaction by Rudolph?"

One good thing I am seeing in this is that typically, the race card is an automatic win and in this case it isn't looking so automatic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015

Hmmmmmmm......I smell a conspiracy! Isn't it convenient that the thesaurus is expressly accepted as the source of explanation for additional meanings for words but yet the thesaurus cannot be challenged? If you don't believe me, just ask me!:cool: