1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My Wishlist @ DEN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Jan 7, 2012.

1. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    It's playoff time, so I guess I can't be too picky right now... well wait... I'll be picky once again!

Some comments before I go ahead with my WL:
    With Mendy out, we'll finally find out if Redman is a back capable of carrying the load.
    Same as above, Mundy will have a shot to show if he can be the FS for the years to come. I hope so.
    Troy is once again making a lot of big plays, approaching his real status (all pro SS).

So, My WL:
    -Harrison crunching Tebow. 1 sack from him, 3 others from the rest of our D.
    -1 Fumble recovery, 2 ints (one by Mundy will be great)
    -Redman & Clay rushing for 120+ combined
    -A big Polamalu play on 3rd down
    -A score from our D or ST
    -This is a game where we can win by scoring 15 points, so don't give the ball away more than once (can't see them scoring more than 14 on us)
    -BA: don't force the run. If they put 8 in the box, make them pay!
    -Spread the ball: Brown, Wallace, Sanders, Cotchery, Ward, Miller, all should be targeted more than once.
    -There will be a play where Wallace gets single covered by Champ Bailey on a Go route. Challenge him. Wallace must get a 3 or 4 yd separation in a 45 yd dash
    -If we get a comfortable lead, rest Ben, Polamalu, Brown & Woodley. Maybe even Starks and Redman. There's where I see a bigger difference between starters and backups.

-And a W!

What are yours?

2. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Great wishes, I agree with all of them that you said. I really want to see our defense step up. Making the big plays that you mentioned would all be wonderful. However, we HAVE to stop the run game. Too often this year we have known the opponent was going to run and yet they still ran the ball against us. (Most recent example was the Rams.) Denver runs such a good option that we must be ready not only for Tebow but also McGahee who would love to show the Raisins that they were wrong to let him go.

On offense,we need to score touchdowns and not settle for field goal attempts, especially with Suisham (Don't get me started again) as our kicker. Therefore, we must start connecting on Red Zone opportunities.

One final point, we need to be comfortable ahead going into the fourth quarter. Denver believes that no matter how much they are trailing, that they can win any game in the 4th quarter.

In summary, I liked your wishes, WWW. With ours combined, we will win easily.

3. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A WIN AND NO NEW INJURIES!!

4. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would like:

1. A dominating performance all around
    2. Our Offense that will Perform. Good runs, nice pass plays. Actually score some real pts
    3. Our D that stops the run, pressures tebow, and gets some sacks and ints
    4. Not the normal Offensive plays we are used too.
    5. A BigBen that looks mobile

5. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    the biggest is a win of course.

then Ben not getting more hurt and looking sharp.

Woodley looking like Woodley.

Redman getting 15 - 20 carries and 80 plus yards.

Clay getting 5 -10 carries.

Wallace waking up.

Miller getting involved early and often.

3 int's from the secondary.

4 -5 sacks.

Brown having 200 combined yards.

1 defensive td.

the game not coming down to a Suisham fg attempt.

6. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would like simply; A win, that is it. Who cares about stats. We could win 2-0 and I'd be okay with that.

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    a win and ben doesnt hurt his ankle more and woodley doesnt hurt his hamstring anymore and 92 not getting suspended

8. cutrale

cutrale Member

Oct 28, 2011
    I agree big steelerfaninky................just win and keep Ben healthy.

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    We need a "get right" game. A dominating performance that jump starts some momentum going through the rest of the run. One that boosts confidence all across the board within the team.

I'm not going to be politically correct. I want to CRUSH them in every way conceivable.

10. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    My wishlist starts with a win - in any fashion.

Second - I want a 4-quarter game in all phases. The Steelers are the scariest team in the tournament right now, because they are hiding in the #5 slot with the 2nd best record in the AFC.

Third - finish the game with NO MORE INJURIES.

Fourth - IF the football gods are really wanting to smile on us - I would LOVE to see such a mismatch that Ben, Harrison, Woodley, and Troy can get out of there early and get a little extra rest for the rest of the tournament.

11. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Get a big lead early and then rest Ben and some of our other walking wounded in the second half. :praying:

:flag: