1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My top QB's in the 2018 nfl draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelCityThor, Sep 18, 2017.

1. SteelCityThor

SteelCityThor Member

Apr 15, 2017
    So these essentially are my top QB's for this years draft, I thought since Ben is pondering whether or not to retire I think the steelers may go QB inside the 1-3 rd. Here are my rankings. 1.Sam Darnold- He is 6'4 he has a big arm, he has playmaking skills, what's not to love about Sam, Well the INT could be toned down just a little bit, and he needs to make his progressions better, I do not think he will fall to the steelers, his boom or bust potential makes me think the jets will draft him, and get a bust (Because they are the jets) 2.Josh Rosen- Another really large QB at 6'4, he has the ability to keep his eyes downfield, he can make most throws, and I actually think he is better talent wise than Darnold but, his constant Injury problems and getting constantly sacked make me nervous that he may become a bust. 3.Mason Rudolph- Surprise!!! No Josh Allen. This kid is awesome he has a big arm, does not always through a tight spiral but he still can make any throw, he vary rarely turns the ball over, and he reminds me of a blane gabbert, (Except Rudolph has talent) 4.Lamar Jackson- Good arm size, he actually improved from his heisman season, he keeps his eyes downfield more and, he was clocked in louisville at 4.37 40 yd dash, Example Mike Evans had a 4.47 40 yd dash, He has looked impressive but I want to see how he finishes the season. 5.Baker Mayfield- He is only on this list because he reminds me of Johnny Manziel he is a true playmaker when the pocket is collapsing he can do what Manziel did except some of the throws he was making I just said to myself "I never saw Manziel do that" There are a few problems however. He has had an encounter with the law when he was arrested for DUI, he can get careless sometimes he will throw the ball into weird places, sometimes they work sometimes they do not. Why Josh Allen is not on my list-I think it is time to calm down with Josh Allen he has had more rushing touchdowns this season than passing, as a true pocket passer from a small school I do not see the talent that was hyped up by analysts, So that is why he is not on my top 5. Honorable mentions-Luke Falk, Josh Allen, JT Barrett, Jake Browning, Nick Fitzgerald, Shea Paterson.

2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    The last two guys on your list really stand out (in a bad way) I don't think either really have what it takes to be a successful NFL QB. The other three I like though. I dont know who I'd put in there other than Allen, but there's plenty of good choices.

3. SteelCityThor

SteelCityThor Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Disclaimer: The list is subject to change

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am watching someone different, Clayton Thorson. And others.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Other than watching college football on Saturdays, I won't be focusing on QBs until after the NFL season. However, I feel very good about Darnold being a legit pro style QB propspect, and I really question whether Jackson will be anything more than just another college spread hero QB turned bust at the NFL level. I don't see NFL in his game at all. Lots more to watch. This will be the first year that I've made QB my primary, or even secondary focus.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  6. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I like the choices that will be offered up this coming draft, I hope the Steelers scouts are doing there homework

talking too everybody and anybody looking at as much tape as possible. This is that important.

I am liking Fitzgerald from MISS St. and others. This is an excellent class if underclassman come out.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    no to barrett and jackson right off the bat. still watching this kid chad kanoff from princeton. went for over 400 yards again passing. very good looking sleeper that hasn't gotten national attention just yet, but by draft time i bet he's in the thick of the talk. :cool:

8. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree Barrett is not an NFL qb, he is like Dobbs possibly a career back up. Jackson should take a que from Pryor and start practicing at the WR position.

9. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Rosen has the tools but too much of a knucklehead.

Mayfield may be the most impressive and might win the Heisman. Certainly should elevate his stock.

Darnold is no longer the #1 pick we though he was. Certainly not a lock. Looked terrible against Notre Dame.

Josh Allen - what happened?

Mason Rudolph - might be a system QB, but I still really like the guy at the bottom of Round 1.

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

I like Ryan Finley and Luke Falk, more so the former than latter though.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yes finley has caught my eye too AQL. not sure if he comes out this year or not. :cool:

12. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    If the underclassmen come out, there are about 10 quality qb's that could
    be Ben's heir apparent.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No thanks on Falk, another Mike Leach system QB who puts up big numbers. Leach has benched Falk twice this season due to poor play.

14. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Mason Rudolph does it again. I was thinking we might have a shot at him a couple weeks ago because of the depth at qb in the draft. He fits our offense and replaces Ben well. He's a big, strong, smart kid with more mobility and accuracy than Ben. At Ben's current level of performance, Rudolph would be an upgrade.

Unfortunately, he's playing himself out of our reach.

Edit: Okay, I'm just loving Will Grier more and more. He is doing his best young Ben impersonation. K-State can't bring him down. He's running around making plays and shrugging off defenders. Fun to watch.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017