1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on the game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jan 14, 2018.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    1. Bad defense: this is pretty much self explanatory when they couldn't stop them all game long and on key 3rd downs.

2. Questionable decisions: The onside kick was not a good idea and those two 4th down plays were questionable as well.

3. Good offense: 42 points on the Jags defense? Good job, but the defense didn't meet them halfway.

4. Firing coaches isn't the answer: So, you want to fire some of our staff and let these current players adjust to new ones? No thanks

Also, what was difference when Tomlin won a SB and went to another one?

IMO, Tomlin, Haley, and Butler should make changes to their coaching styles and play calls. If these changes don't work out, then we should move on from them. But, should we blame the coaching or the players performance?

Overall, the major disappointment for me was the defense. Signing a key FA or two and drafting certain defensive players in this upcoming draft would help us out in the long run.

2. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    The difference was that he was coaching Cowhers talent. Mike sucks at coaching and drafting equally

3. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Would you call Watt and Juju busts?

4. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I’d call Watt unproven with upside. JuJU is on offense. Not Mikes forte he’s a defensive master mind!

• Like Like x 1
  5. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Butler needs to go. Can't get embarrassed in the post season two years in a row without some accountability.

• Agree Agree x 1