1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on regular season wk 6

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Oct 13, 2024 at 7:18 PM.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yes he can throw but also is errant. Can throw a decent deep ball. Yes he has trouble reading defenses. This is why Smith/Tomlin is playing it close to the vest.

Also looking for more then his #1 target. How about scanning the field for #2, #3. He holds the ball to long as well. I do feel that Smith is calling the plays to go to his 1st read though, covered then either dump off or run. Sooner or later the magic of him running is going to get him blasted and possibly hurt.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think his deficiencies are the only reason the offense is so conservative. This is how Tomlin wants to play. As he did with Pickett, he is robbing Fields of some of his aggressiveness. That approach ruined Pickett and I'm not sure how much it will help Fields unless they take the training wheels off at some point.

3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Hot Dog Tomlin then doesn't trust him. Only going so far with a running QB. They need to let him rip and see what happens. Hot Dog Tomlin living in his fears.

They might have to playing the Jets Sunday night if they get down early.

Side Note: Devante Adams was traded to the Jets as I write.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Ugh. Not only do the Steelers not get Adams, they have to play against him. The cost wasn't crazy, either. It is a conditional third-round pick which can become a No. 2.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Is that the great Spillane whiffing on the tackle of Najee on this TD

6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

backup, special teams. no one said STARTER

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The way some fans are talking him up they think he should be a starter here.