1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on regular season wk 2

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You wrote that you were fooled and the entire team looks like dog****. Quit trying to weasel your way out of it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sorry you are so embarrassed by your own failings that you felt the need to write something so reprehensible. There is no excuse for bringing my students into this. That is low even by your standards. Come at me all you want, but going after people's families or jobs is out of line. Even you should know that.

3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Shut your ****in mouth then Tinkerbell

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think all know that isn't going to happen. You are the one who is out of line, not me. The proper approach would be to go right on disrespecting me, but apologize for the inappropriate line about my students. Sadly, you seem incapable of that.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  5. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I agree that Warren appears to hit the hole faster and is quite a punishing runner. Not sure he needs to start over Najee necessarily but I would rather see him in short yardage situations. If there ever is such a thing.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Warren is a tough runner who doesn't shy from contact, but I wouldn't call him punishing. If you want the punishing runner on the field, that is Harris.

7. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Maybe not Derek Henry style punishing and that may be a poor choice of words but I don't see Harris as that style of runner either. He has a nasty stiff arm but I don't see him consistently blowing guys backwards.Then again, he hasn't been in the open field much this year.

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    There are plenty of 0-2 and 1-1 teams that look just as bad, if not worse than the Steelers at present. At least our 2 edge rushers are in mid-season form. Things could be a lot worse.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steelers4tim

Steelers4tim Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2022

This is the EXACT kind of statement from some Steelers fans that make me want to puke in my mouth...and it's the reason an AVERAGE coach like Mike Dumblin just loves these young Pittsburgh yinzers. The "excuse machine" is a fine tuned instrument with many in our fan base and the media, too, and it all smells the same...

-- "Uh, it could be worse...
    -- Someone will hire Dumblin in a second...
    -- We're in a tough Conference/Division...
    -- It's the best we can do right now...
    -- Non-Losing season are good enough...
    -- It's all on the coaches, or Ben, or Ken, or the front office...
    -- The players love Dumblin...
    -- He needs more time...
    -- In the end, we're all winners, blah, blah, blah..."

#firetomlin

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Christ,sweetness couldn't run with the way this OL is blocking right now.

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    You have much hate in you. Pain and suffering.

I'd trade Tomlin for Daboll, Siriani, Shanahan, etc...in a millisecond. But that's not gonna happen. We can b!tch and moan all we want, but nothing is gonna change any time soon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Good point.
    And some people are getting concerned about Broderick Jones. Usually a top 20 pick would be starting by now. Especially since Dan Moore is doing so poorly. I assume it must be because Broderick Jones isn't good enough..yet. Hmm...
    Do Joey Porter and Washington look good to you? Why no more impact from them? Maybe some worry there.
    Perhaps the 2023 draft class is underwhelming.

on the bright side...Report: the steelers were the only NFL team to send a scout to the big Colorado vs. Colorado state game.

13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Some people?! Dunno why regarding Jones. 19 Career starts, even at a talented Program like Georgia, is still only 19 games total. I am not worried about him in the slightest. Dan Moore is the one who should be worrying as he has been getting his ass kicked repeatedly.

As for both Washington and Porter Jr., both have been on the field. As to why not more, chalk that up to their positions. Tight End and Corner are two of the toughest positions to grasp as the transition from College to the NFL is massive. This all said, I am personally ready for Porter Jr. to supplant Levi Wallace. For that matter, Sunday Night Football will likely be when as DeVante Adams is going to pop off like Fireworks! :eek:

Finally, I did see that report for Steelers Scouts attending the Colorado vs Oregon game. I have a thread about this regarding the increased activity in the PAC 12 as the Steelers were also in attendance for the BYU Game. For more on this sudden change as to why the Steelers are sending more scouts to such areas, I implore you read this article here.

Between me and you, a very refreshing take. For once, the Steelers are finally heading more West than they ever have; doubly so during the Colbert years.

14. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    He is not starting material but could provide much needed depth

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He could be a 3
    Problem is...we don't have enough CBs on the team better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    We drafted 2 CBs. We signed 2 CBs in FA. We got Kazee back from last season's injury. I know they had 3 perseason games and now 2 regular season games, but give them a little more time to get their communications down. I think they will improve with time. But I also think the same thing about the OL and the run game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 I care what dogs think of me. That’s about it.

Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks Murphy

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Let JPJ get his on the job experience, also Broderick and have to use TE more.
    There are going to be growing pains with young players,

• Like Like x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 I care what dogs think of me. That’s about it.

Oct 26, 2011
    This isn’t painful enough

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with JPJ, but even if He is excellent....We still need 2 more....for sure at least one more.