1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on regular season wk 1.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Sep 8, 2024.

1. dbellohio

dbellohio Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Thanks for the stats on the game. I felt last year the defense never got much rest and was back on the field quickly. Today felt different for me on the defense side from last year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014

Well, never had much use for Bayless or Sharpe either, so..........

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I understand.

Just pointing out a bit of history to answer your query of Colin's popularity. Those two have to be brought in for both brought a lot of new viewership to FOX Sports as a whole.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I was not impressed by Kazee or Bishop today and really hope that Goodell lowers Sutton's suspension because I'd feel better with Sutton in at slot corner rather than trusting poor man's Mike Mitchell( not praising Mike)in Kazee will be a study in futility.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Sutton didn't appeal the suspension so the eight games he is gone will be upheld. Mind you, I did say that Beanie Bishop isn't the future but I didn't rule out that possibility. He played a lot better in the second half than he did in the first.

6. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I'd like to add a #11 to that, the O-line played well today. Good blocking both run and pass, but there's still room for improvement obviously

7. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    But I also know at 59 I'm not the targeted demographic of the aforementioned or the Jim Rome's and Stephen A. Smiths of the world. And that show that McAfee does is simply unwatchable.

8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    11. Pump the brakes on Herbig's coronation. That opening drive showed he has made great strides but he is still not a finished product. He made a great blitz was in the backfield and then decided Cousins was a bigger threat than Robinson running the ball. Either commit to blowing up Cousins or go after the back. Once you are caught flat footed you have taken yourself out of the play.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
  9. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Can't stand either myself

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Does the reduction depend on the appeal? I always thought it was something league did when you kept your nose clean, were contrite and didn't cause a fuss.

I know you said he wasn't the future and I was trying to expand on your thoughts. He did improve but on the touchdown I still was like who are you suppose to be guarding because your man was wide open.

11. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Hey all I know is after Dallas beats the Brownies, we are in first all alone in the AFC North after week 1!

12. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    #6 totally agree, to those that thought and still think we can fix a 4 th yr qb ,time to face reality. I hope he has a decent year, sign him for a 2 yr deal, draft a qb to sit n learn in the upcoming draft.
    #7 Pickens had a good game, but how good is Atlanta secondary? GP will be blanketed from here on out. Will GP be able to handle his lack of production without going full AB in middle of a game?
    #11 For our sakes, hopefully the offense improves week to week with our new OC. As of right now, it is a work in progress.
    #12 For my health’s sake, I am going into this season with low expectations, that way I’m not disappointed.
    Also,@blackandgoldpatrol another good game analysis !

13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    There are times Pat's show is OK but I think the need to give the finger to everyone that doubted him is getting out of hand. I caught one of his segments last week I think where he had Bilicheck call in and it made me realize the next level acting job Darth Hoodie pulled off during his career. In press conferences he was monotone, almost word salad in his responses and just seemed like he was becoming an old man. In that segment on Pat's show he was clear, concise, and interesting. He shared thoughts on the preseason, joint practices, player evaluation and coaching. It was almost like watching the Prestige where he spent his whole career acting like what they wanted and not who he really was.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Queen had two tackles and one glaring miss, but I also think he was part of the improved pass coverage. I think he will be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He made some good plays, but he also blew the coverage on the Falcons' touchdown. He had that part of the field and let the tight end get behind him.

16. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    We made a lot of mistakes and deserved some calls. The PI call on Pickens was stupid.

17. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    He needs polish, but his speed and quickness cannot be taught. He needs more experience.

18. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Based on what I'm seeing now, Dallas is dissecting the Browns defense.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    McAfee can be very funny, but I agree that he spends way too much time talking about the chip on his shoulder. We get it. You believed in yourself and you have done well with that. He has always had that self-confidence, even back when he was an all-star soccer player who went out for the football team at Plum High School. I met him then. I asked him why he made the switch. He said it was because he was going to play in the NFL. He was very matter-of-fact about it and he was right, but maybe it's time to stop going on about the people who doubted him and focus on something else.

20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    this.... I like to be aggressive, the the playcall itself, and the timing (as you stated) left a lot to be desired.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Dak proving his guaranteed 1/4 billion is a better buy than massage therapy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016

Good job. I agree with most of this. I was very impressed by Elliott in the preseason and this game. They still have a problem at nickel corner, but the pass coverage and pass rush made things tough on Cousins most of the day.

Fields is a backup. He did what you want your backup to do when they are forced into the game. He made enough plays to win and didn't turn the ball over. I'll take that, but I don't think he is a long-term answer. Maybe the Steelers think they can get more out of him, but today, they played like a team that didn't trust its quarterback.

Peyton Wilson was impressive. I just hope the kid can stay healthy.

I would be stunned if Cameron Johnston isn't out for the season, which sucks.

23. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Tomlin said it is "serious" and "his heart goes out to him". Doesn't sound like he will be back anytime soon.

24. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think he will be. MCL sprain or a bad bone bruise, but probably out a few weeks.

25. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    I want to see Russel Wilson I want to see some TD. I want to see the refs stop f---ing us. I want Fields working on snaps all week --this is non-sense. I can't wait for next week :herewego!::steelflag::herewego!::steelflag::herewego!: