1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My take on Harris.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jball, Jan 10, 2023.

1. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

Come now, how am I going to show you 5 plays he was brought down behind the line of scrimmage.

Blowing smoke, I guess you guys never saw him tackled behind the line of scrimmage. Could of been because of bad blocking, injury or just dancing too much. Again this was mostly in the beginning of the season. I can say I don't remember Betis getting tackled behind the line nearly as much.

Do you agree that the Steelers told him to quit dancing so much and hit the hole faster? Weather that dancing was because 2 or 3 defenders come thru, injury or just because.

I thought we were usually in agreement with our football assessments but I guess not on this topic.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    who cares

we sucked overall in production.

the Chiefs will go to the AFCCG.

3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    and if Najee protected the ball better, he too would have had another one.. (you know, the one that was PUNCHED out....)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The point was that many of those tackles for losses came with the line not doing its job.

How often did Bettis run behind lines that struggle the way this one did last year and the early part of this season?

That said, yeah, I'll grant you that the Hall of Fame running back was better than Harris. If every first-round pick has to be a Hall of Famer or he's a bust, there are a hell of a lot of busts every year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Don't ever. I mean ever, speak in that tone again with me.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's OK We disagree on things. :thumbs_up:
    What I saw...IMO...Was a RB that was coming off a injury, and a OL that changed some of their blocking schemes, and a OL that got better. JMO :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  7. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Early in the season Najee looked like crap and was likely hurt but he really played well down the stretch and the line got better as well. A RBs shelf life is short but he still has a few more good years for us to try and capitalize on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    And that's exactly what I said, just a little different wording. We really don't disagree with this except that he also dance more in the 1st half. Weather that was caused for the above reasons I don't know but he did dance more then he should have.,

If he keeps running like he did in the later part of the season, we will be okay.

• Like Like x 1