1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My Steelers draft analysis

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, May 1, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree, but with that said...it shouldn't be that hard 2 do.....We were pretty bad last year. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Your right. My response was meant for someone else.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    at times. 2 rookies, no dotson and trai turner. big difference this year.

pretty good read here. https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=64e2...TdmZDhjY2U2YjExZWNiOWI0NmRiZjIyMGNlZjc1&ntb=1

i believe moore will keep getting better and turn into a solid LT. daniels is a stud. dotson if he gets back in the swing of things will help a lot. cole should be solid at center especially surrounded by dotson and daniels. chuks isn't as bad as many think. has some lapses from time to time but hey they pay those defenders too. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Glad to hear it. I hope that made you feel better after your little failure on this thread.

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Smith was an odd one. He really shouldn't have fallen that far. You aren't often going to find a day one starter in the sixth round.

Humphrey, on the other hand, was clearly a plug-and-play starter at center. Maybe it was a surprise just how good he was, but it wasn't hard to foresee him being successful.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You’re little girl like whining is Pathetic but we have clarified this multiple times yet still you persevere

I feel sorry for your students really

Now like you tell your students go back and do your homework and see where you were wrong

Don’t expect the teacher (me) to do it for you I only deal with adults

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I see you are trying to cover your failure with personal insults. That's pathetic.

My students, for the most part, demonstrate far more integrity than you are doing right now. You made a claim you can't back up. Now you are lying and attacking me rather than admit you can't do it. Show us even one legitimate source indicating that the Steelers dumbed things down for Dotson. Just one.

Thanks for playing. Do better next time.

8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    * you're... C'mon Teach!

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Don’t make me ask the Analyst to ***** slap you again

Or any of the other members who regularly knock you around in embarrassment

Pathetic

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    What’s with the back and forth whining lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    One of the little kiddies was fussing

12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Totally agree. Smith was so dominant here at UT and could play T and G on both sides. I think it was his entire sophomore year he sat out due to blood clots. He came back and then had blood clot problems again. I honestly didn't expect him to come back after the second event. But he came back and was an absolute beast. He seems like a great kid too. He plays with a chip on his shoulder because of where he was drafted. Definitely the steal of the draft last year IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If you are going to try to write fiction, at least try to make it believable. There are some smart people here who make some good arguments in opposition to mine on occasion, but that comment makes you look even more delusional than your usual level.

So much for asking you to do better. I should have known you lack the capacity. Instead, you failed, just as you failed to back up your false claim.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Don't worry. You will grow up enough to sit at the adult's table someday.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Why yes I am having a nice day

Thank you for asking

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Your paranoia made you respond to a post you weren’t even part of and your response reeks of insecurity

Many of your posts are narcissistic

You make personal attacks repeatedly but stomp your feet like a little girl when you feel slighted

2965DDCE-8F79-473C-9F5C-F0F34AEA92B8.jpeg

And I know what button I just pushed

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This is what you do. You lose an argument, then use personal attacks to cover it up. Let's be clear, that's what this is about. You made a claim that you can't support. You have no evidence to support your claim that the Steelers dumbed down the offense for Dotson. You have tried to cover that up many different ways now, dragging this discussion into a pissing match rather than simply admit that you have no support for your false claim.

To bend your own words to something that is actually true, your posts reek of desperation. Heaven forbid anybody actually see that you lost an argument.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ding ding ding

I knew I could push your buttons to get you to try to get the last word in. You always do with everyone who gets the best of you. You are so predictable.

This Google search should have your picture:

Having the last word is closely associated with ego. Egomaniacs always have to have the last word. It gives them a feeling of power, as if they immediate draw all of the power of the person they are communicating with and become powerful due to it.

Congratulations Scribe you now have the burrito that completes your combo plate.

I know you will have to reply but I won’t. You aren’t worth my time. Bye.

This was fun.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Translation: You are running away because you can't support your claim. You made it up. You lied. The rest is just more of the nonsense you clutter this board with when you lose. Thanks for playing. I'd wish you a wonderful day, but I doubt you can do that while you wallow in your latest failure.

This last post of yours is absolutely the hiding place of people who are losing an argument on the internet. You responded! I got you to respond! I win! What utter crap. I can play games like that, too. If you run away, I win. If you respond, I got you to go back on your word, so I also win. Either way, you lost. Thank you so much for that wonderful gift.

Bringing this back to the topic, clearly it is possible that the Steelers may have simplified things for Dotson as a rookie. I'm not sure such things are even uncommon. That said, there is no evidence that they did so.

20. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Project? Project?
    Projects are guys who have physical ability but are raw in their skills or need to be taught the position. Bud Dupree was a project. Justin Layne is a project. Malik Willis is a project.
    Pickens is arguably our best receiver already, he certainly has the highest pedigree. Every draft pundit agreed that he would have been a first round selection if not for his knee injury. He has size, speed, suddenness and savvy in his routes and some of the best hands I have ever seen. He was taking it to future NFL players like Eric Stokes and Derek Stingley Jr. as a freshman and you call him a project?

And why was his production low? It is very simple:
    1. Injuries.
    2. Georgia was a run first, second, and third football team. Jake Fromm did not even have 3,000 yards passing in 2019. George was 23% of the teams total receiving yards and 31% of their receiving touchdowns. As a true freshman.
    3. George had absolute tomato cans throwing him the ball. The only decent QB he played with was JT Daniels and that was only 4 games in 2020. Stats during those 4 games: 23 receptions 373 yards 4 TDs. And that includes a 3 reception 25 yard 0 TD game against South Carolina where it was blowout entering the 4th quarter and Daniels only attempted 16 passes. Average that over 12 games, no bowls/championships, and that is a 69 reception 1,119 yard (16 average) 12 TD season on a team that runs the ball on 55% of their plays, which is the inverse of the NFL average. He would have been 15th in yards and tied for 4th in TDs in the NFL last year. In 5 fewer games.

With an actual NFL-caliber QB throwing him the ball George is going to shine.
    [​IMG]
    Completely abuses the defender's blind spot and leaves him in the dust.

But that's just Baylor you say?
    [​IMG]
    Does the exact same thing to Alabama.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Are these pundits that you speak of the same ones that had Malik Willis as a top 10 pick? It doesn't really matter what any of these pundits think. What matters is what NFL Front Office's think. Fact of the matter is Pickens fell to the end of the second round for a reason.

This whole notion that a guy "shoulda been a first round pick" is nonsensical. I shoulda been a first round pick as well, only I wasn't because I'm fat and old. Point being, there is always a reason a guy falls. In Pickens case, there are maturity, injury, and production concerns. BTW, most draft sites I researched on had him as a 2nd to 3rd round pick.

I know I am coming across very negative in regards to Pickens. That's actually not my intent. I like Pickens. He is an athletic freak with great hands. There certainly is a lot to like. All I am suggesting is that the kid is going to need time to be as productive as some of you are hoping he will be.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  22. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    I am not saying he did not fall for a reason, I am saying that that reason is not him being a "project."

I do not know if I would call George a "freak." Megatron is a freak. Metcalf is a freak. Even Claypool is a freak. George has very good athleticism but none of it would be elite in, say, combine testing. What is freakish about him is his hands and having that level of body control at 6' 3". His body control is AB-like.

Claypool was more raw coming out of Notre Dame and had 9 receiving TDs as a rookie. In seeing George myself I see little that tells me he could not do the same thing and I consider that very productive for a rookie, especially when you are not the #1 target. I am not expecting him to break league records or anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1