1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My Ramblings

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shamyhay, Nov 7, 2011.

1. shamyhay

shamyhay Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Steelers should definitely make the playoffs.

After this slobber-knocker, Baltimore will lose at San Fran and we will beat the Bungles next game, Dalton is going to get a taste of the way football should be played. We can and will still win the division.

There is no team The Steelers cannot beat in the playoffs.

With as strong as Silverback came back, once he and Woodley are on the field, our defense could be number one by the end of the year. NOW IF WE COULD JUST GET SOME MORE DAMN TURNOVERS!

If The Steelers can go into the playoffs with a healthy roster, they will be unbeatable.

:herewego!:

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Really? What in God's name have you watched all year to make you say something like that? This team has shown time and again that they've been neutered. Now, who held the clippers is a matter of debate, and there is likely more than one. But they are geldings out there.

Oh, we'll make the playoffs. We even have a puncher's chance to see the SB. But let's be real, this is NOT a championship caliber team. Could they get to that point? Maybe, but I have yet to see the fire.

Baltimore will lose at least 3 more games. You can bank on that. They're nowhere near as good as people make them out to be.

So what does that make us?

Sorry if I come off as abrasive. Switching from beer to whiskey after a loss is usually a mistake.

3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We are VERY beatable......Our secondary is as healthy as its going to get and they stunk up the joint last night and, to be honest, last year, too. Our front guys both on O and D are both banged up and both outplayed the DB's last night.

4. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    :roflmao: that made me laugh out loud.

5. shamyhay

shamyhay Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Wow, perhaps all you fans of the "Bleak and Gold" can tell me which AFC team is a lock for the Super Bowl? Which team isn't beatable now? No team is more than a half game ahead of the Steelers.

Sorry, I am not hungover, and I don't know as much as you do about neutering men, I am just a Steelers fan, whether they win or lose. And always will be.

6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Somebody from the AFC will play in the Super Bowl. The Steelers have as much a chance to be that team as anyone. But if they are a WC, I think the chances of this team beating two or more teams on the road in a row seem pretty long. And at the moment the Steelers look more likely to be a WC team, than one with home playoff games.

7. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Shamyhay...no disrespect at all intended and I honestly agree with 90% of your post. Some of my worst hangovers were when I mixed beer and liquor...so RayD's subtle humor just made me chuckle...please accept my apologies as I wasn't trying to "pile on".

I too think we still have a very good shot at winning the division and when we play our best...we can beat anybody as we saw with the Patriots last week. IF our defense holds on that last drive, then all the talk on this message board is about how we are best team in AFC hands down. In all honesty...we played a decent game last night vs a tough divsion opponent...well...we did for 55 minutes anyway. The last offensive and defensive series in the last 5 minutes of the game has everyone riled up including me. With that said, please accept my apologies...didn't mean any disrespect and was simply laughing at Ray D's heat of the moment rant.

8. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Funny, I was drinking whiskey to numb the loss as well...

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Not this nonsense again.

<edit to be more polite>

Many fans wallow in their grief after a loss. Get used to it. Not all of us have a sunny disposition. ;)

We had a lot of bad calls against us last night and still could have won. We didn't because when push came to shove, we laid down. I'm sorry if the facts don't match your enthusiasm. We still have as good a shot as anyone. True. But not if we continue to play like we did last night... or most of the season for that matter.

10. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Actually this is not correct. The Colts have no chance to play in the SB. Well, they are not mathmatically eliminated, but they are close. Miami is another that will not play in the SB this year. So, anyone cannot and will not make it to the SB. There are some teams that will not without a doubt make it.

They will be lucky to be a wild card.

rutan

11. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Agreed that a healthy Steelers front definitely helps the situation, and it was nice to play the Ravens without seeing Roethlisberger on his butt every other play. But 'unbeatable?' Gotta call that wishful thinking. Formidable, maybe, but I always get ready for us to do something silly inside of 5 minutes. The end of the half and the end of the game is rarely a shining moment for us. Poor decisions (offensive and defensive) often give points to the other team. And we often seem to have math issues when it comes to taking timeouts or when to run a play that will make the clock run vs. making it stop. I don't know about you, but when Belichick decided to onside at the end of the game last week, I breathed a sigh of relief. I didn't want to see what we'd have come out with in our own end when the game was on the line.

Like you, I remain optimistic. Unfortunately, the Ravens play the Seahawks next week -- not the 49ers (they get the 49ers at home on Thanksgiving). As I'm a West Coast Steelers fan, I will be at that game rooting on the Seahawks. We need somebody to rise up as the Ravens' remaining schedule doesn't look promising for us to make up 2 games. Then again, as enticing as homefield would be, it didn't help us a lot yesterday (in terms of motivation, officiating, you name it), so we will be heavy into 'let's make it in' mode the next few weeks. As all of our losses have been conference losses, tiebreakers may not be kind to us either (imagine -- rooting for New England to beat the Jets because we own the head-to-head over New England).

Looking forward to next week....and thank God we finally get a bye the week after.