1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My Observations

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelers5895, Apr 18, 2019.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I remember the conversation before Jordan won any titles, but the debate was between Bill Russell and Kareem Abdul Jabbar.(which makes more sense anyway, both being centers)
    I wasn't pointing out that Russell had the most, almost all of his team mates from that era have more rings than Jordan.
    I understand what your saying, but 'who is the best' predates Jordan in the NBA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok old man:hehehe:

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    No argument there.;+)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think the window is closed however brown and bell leaving just cracked that window a bit for a breeze. I say that because there may be a team that overcomes adversity with a band of brothers, or just a team that just can’t compete at a pro level and we stink lol.

5. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well I give them a chance because it seems like the light went on and they finally realized something. If they didn't say the same thing every off season I would really be optimistic :facepalm:

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/04/defensive-leaders-talk-being-prepared-heading-into-2019-offseason/

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The defense is what is killing this team. The offense is adequate on most days. Losing Shazier, poor coaching and whiffs on 1st and 2nd round draft picks have prevented this team to win playoff games with any consistency.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    The O has done their fair share of disappointing as well. Don't kid yourself. They've had their share of clunkers too. The problem with this team is they very rarely play well together and on the rare occasion they do ,the STs is a disaster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree somewhat with the OP. Brown and Bell were fantastic football players and are not easily replaced. We needed elite defensive players in return and I don’t see that happening in rd 3 & 5.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yup. Special teams put this team in a hole on both sides so it doesn't help. Offense is great when it's hot. All great offensive teams have trouble some of the games... this is where your defense is supposed to carry you. ours cant

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I do not think the window is closed, but rather this team has been average for several years. In 2017 we went 7-1 in the last 8 games, 2 comfortable wins. 5 wins and a loss decided by 3 points or less. Last year in the last 8 games we went 4-4, one blow out win, a one touchdown win, and the rest of the games decided but 4 points or less. Many teams have close games, the difference between the last 2 years was kicker going from stellar to awful, and not getting the stops to prevent the other team scoring in the last minute.

I know it comes down to far more than that, but the 13-3 team was not that much different than the 9-6-1 team, and likely not much different than a 6-10 team. I do not believe we are missing one piece, nor do I believe there is one magical player in this draft that can make us exceptional. That said, rookies did make some teams markedly better, if we find that right combination and get certain pieces back. If the defense can get those turnovers..and make even a few stops, this team can be right back in the thick. That is a lot of ifs, but bouncing from mediocre to competitive, and a deep playoff run is still there for this team...or a top ten pick next year, lol. That is the emotional ride we are in for.

11. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Martavis could take the top off to help other receivers, we lacked that last year. That's why if we draft a Hakeem Butler (52) & Mecole Hardman (83), offensively business will be boomin again & AB won't be missed. Rodgers & Switzer can battle it out for slot...