1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the raiders fiasco

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Sep 20, 2021.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    1. Pass blocking was better, so Ben fell into a few old habits , like holding the ball too long looking for a big play
    2. Speaking of big plays.... Too many attempts to force the big play.... The intermediate game was there all day
    3. While the pass blocking was better, the run blocking still stunk
    4. Benny Snell should not be used against a defense with speed
    5. TJ Watt going down changed the defense..
    BTW.... His injury is consistent with players that don't have a full camp and preseason
    6. The secondary took a huge step back.... Joe haden was missed as much, if not more than TJ
    7. Alex Highsmith....... Time to step up!!!!!
    8. Pressley put on his blue suede shoes and had his best official game as a pro and bos was automatic as usual (as least we have consistency somewhere)
    9. For all the coaching staff's brilliance wk 1., They got totally outclassed wk 2
    10. Note to trai turner..... That spitting incident is totally classless and not the Steelers way

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    More players on Defense need to be able to wear the Green Dot.

Green Dot player goes out, Defense suffers.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Nice list. Biggest take from it: the only real positive note was about kicking. Horrible game all around. :thumbsdown:

4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    My Take for the next couple of weeks for the Steelers is they better win 2 of these next 3 games they have at home with both the Bengals this Sunday and Denver on October 10th after they go to Green Bay on October 3rd. The Ravens beating KC last night and the Browns bouncing back against Houston combined with the Steelers losing totally cancelled out the big upset win in Buffalo last week. The Ravens next 2 games are at Detroit and at Denver, and the Browns next 2 games are with the Bears at home and at Minnesota. So the odds are pretty good that both the Ravens and Browns are gonna be 3-1 so the Steelers really can’t afford any slip-ups here in these games at home they have coming up with the Bengals and Broncos in the next 2-3 weeks. Those games are pretty much now close to MUST win games.

5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Carbon copy of last season down the stretch. Nothing has changed except for some faces on the field and OC. Same problems. OL can't run block. QB can't reliably get the ball to the open receivers. Inept offense that can't put up points. Counting on the defense to save the day. Then, when injuries happen on D, it tanks.

Same old story, same old Tomlin, different season, same outcome: losing to a team you should dominate. Especially at home.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Why is Benny Snell on the roster he offers nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Why is Benny Snell running in place of the other running back (Kalen Ballage) that has more speed and power. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SteelersBane

SteelersBane Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    The spitting incident is going to cost Trai Turner, especially considering he did not leave the field in an orderly manner following his ejection.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    My observation is that if they Steelers have their Defense generally healthy.

They can win ball games scoring 20-25 points, because the defense is that good.

When all the guys aren't healthy, they can't afford to do that, and will require to lean on the offense more.

Bad part is the way this offense is, scoring 30 points seems like a pipe dream.

To beat any powerhouse team in the AFC, better be prepared to do that.

10. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

If I had the answer to that one I would be on staff

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I watched Ballage when he was with the Chargers. He's clearly a better back than Snell. Just more poor talent evaluation from Tomlin, he does this every year. We sign a decent free agent and he doesn't want to use them. It's downright bizarre.

12. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    FO can’t admit they made a mistake with the pick

13. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Maybe he has fumble'itis? I'm sure there's a reason...probably something they see in practice. Mental errors is probably the most common issue with new players. One mistake blocking could kill your QB and cause a turnover. Or maybe Snell has photos of Tomlin ? If that's the case I'm guessing it involves Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheat.

14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    People just completely underestimate the value Devin Bush brings to the defense.

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Great write up as always B&G.

Agree in particular that we need the intermediate passing game (said this in another thread).

Also on the secondary: Minkah seemed to have a pretty bad game as well, not great tackling all around.

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If Canada wants to use Ballage in the game then he should get him in the game, I doubt Tomlin is going to overrule him just to get Snell in the game.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You can't really say what caused TJ to injure his groin, Bush and Haden had the same injury, but they had a full camp and preseason.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Maybe because its hard 2 estimate when He isn't hardly on the field :shrug:

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well Bush really didn't have a full camp, and preseason....You really can't coming off His injury. So no blame on Him in this.

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He participated in most of camp and practiced with the team, TJ didn't.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hear You , but certain things the team was doing He wasn't doing Yet.....at least that's what I read back during training camp.

22. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    To make it look like Derek Watt does something by comparison?

23. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

Bottom line...... The team lost someone important at every level of the defense.... Not sure if there's a team anywhere that can overcome that

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    It had better NOT be because of his Rockettes-like high leg kick after a good play. I cringe every time I see him do that, waiting for a report of a hamstring/groin injury.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Cause hes Tomlins Boy.