1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the Philly foolishness

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Been saying this for the last 3 games. Warren is a straight ahead runner that never falls back. Always moving forward for yards. Tough as nails.

• Like Like x 3
  2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    It might have been a KO, Hog. But yeah, it's beyond frustrating. Well, the one lone bright spot on ST's has been Steven Simms. They look like they found themselves a return man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    That first drive I was laughing at the idea that the"scripted" plays were the same as always

But that 2nd drive I started to give Canada some credit

Not 1 but 2 passes to the FB...a wild cat....a Claypool jet sweep pass... and to the FB?

Not a fan of all that... BUT I've not seen it from the Steelers....

But then right back to the same old offense

Shame on me for thinking Canada figured something our

HACK

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Great take, Thor. I especially and unequivocally agree with numbers 5 and 8. I wanted Davis in the worst way if they weren't going to go tackle/center. I'm beginning to come around to the school of thought that says good RB's can be had either in F/A or later rounds. Taking all these toys when they needed large angry men with bad intentions makes zero sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    1. We have the worst offensive line in the NFL.

2. I really have a love/hate opinion of Minkah. Some games he is great, sometimes he really isn't. I heard on the radio that he may have a hurt knee? Regardless, he just isn't consistent or physical enough to me. Did we overpay and invest too much in him?

3. Claypool and Najee don't know how to use their size and strength to their advantage.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Tampa may want to move up to grab a QB.
    Answer the phone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    One positive I took away is the Eagles have really good players. And their former top personnel guy is now the Steelers assistant GM and will have a huge say in the draft (Khan isn’t really a personnel guy). So there’s that…

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Funny though....he didn't score again as soon as they changed CBs on Him

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The last 10 or so years, the Eagles have been good about finding disruptive D-Linemen. Hopefully he can bring that to this team.

I also hope he is better at assessing CB's. We desperately need a top tier lockdown CB on this team.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    How much more did they really need to score by then?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They didn't, but they tried a couple more times to Him ,and it was way better coverage.

13. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    My take? We're terrible.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    So many NFL players go to the combine 6’ or so they jump 40”. Yet they can’t raise their arms above their shoulder pads and catch or knock down a pass

15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

They just go for the sexy INT and whiff when it's so much easier to swat the ball away. Drives me crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Our practice sucks I agree

17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Minkah is no Troy P, that’s for sure. He’s a good player, but can be inconsistent at times.

18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Who covered him? I was traveling today and didn’t watch the game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Witherspoon at 1st, and then they pulled Him for Pierre.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Is Flores allowed to comment adjustments to Brown’s 3 TDs or does he just sit up there?

21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I pounded the table for Etienne for months leading up to the 21 draft. I am not giving up on Harris, but I still think Etienne would have been a better fit.

22. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    The top NFL teams are starting to pull away from the JV teams..

23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He torched Witherspoon twice in the first half. The first touchdown pass looked like it was against a zone. Edmunds and Fitzpatrick were both there.

In the second half, they tried two more deep balls to Brown. Pierre covered him well on one of them. Edmunds was there for the other.

24. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    My biggest frustration with this team to this point of the season is absolutely the defense. We have the highest paid defense in the league with "2 of the best" defensive minds in the game helping Austin run the show. Even without Watt, this defense shouldn't be this bad. I'm just not seeing adjustments really being made out there. They're just stubbornly running the same sh*t and hoping it works. Last week I felt that the defense was pointing at least in the right direction, and today it just fell flat again. Sure, some credit needs to be given to the Eagles; Hurts and company are really playing at another level right now. But Minkah and Edmunds really didn't help the corners today. As for the corners, Spoon was ahkillin me out there today, oof. I can't look at a single player on defense today and said that they played even a good game. All three levels of defense get an F; the defensive coaching staff gets an F. All around abysmal performance by the defense.

On offense, it's the gawddamn penalties. Penalties like illegal motions, not enough on the line and such are driving me gawddamn bananas. I can understand a holding call here and there to prevent your QB from getting killed. But motha****, these presnap penalties are just getting old. If I see another illegal man downfield penalty, I think I'm going to throw a brick at a homeless veteran on the streets of Portland (I'm obviously being facetious because I was a homeless veteran, but f*ck). I dunno what's up with Najee, but mannnnn that 3rd down catch he made and had maybe a yard, or two, to gain to just danced was brutal to watch. I'm not sure if it's the mental side of the game or what, but I've never seen Najee that indecisive before. That had to have been the worst play of his short career. I still got hopes that he can change things around, but something both mental and physical isn't right with Najee right now. It's unfortunate that Dotson and Moore don't have anyone on the bench that can replace them. As @SteelHack noted above, it was refreshing during that TD drive to see some semblance of creativity. I'll never know why they didn't go back to that especially in the 2nd and early 3rd when they were, relatively, still in the game.

I can accept losing; I'm a Pirates fan, I've seen at least 25 losing season in my fandom due to this fact. Hell, I'm a Pitt fan; I'm used to seeing mediocre football on a yearly basis; therefore, I wouldn't just consider myself some spoilt Steelers fan. I've seen some losing teams and poor offense in the 90's. Vaguely remember the late 80's. The most frustrating part of this team is seeing how inept both the players and coaching staff are. There's a systematic issue at play here. I can't blame Khan for this, because he took over after the draft and 97% of the roster was made before he was really on the job. I'm just really amazed that the combination of Fichtner, Duck Hodges, Mason and James Conner is looking better than the combination of Canada, Mitch, Kenny and Najee to this point. Yea the former had a better OLine, but it's not like Fichtner was some great playcaller also. Perhaps it's just another sign of how much better that 2019 defense was. I dunno. All in all, this is just brutal to watch.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And I believe he is the highest paid safety in game?

• Like Like x 1