1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the Packers dumpster fire

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Oct 3, 2021.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    3 picks for bush. :facepalm:
    ben. :facepalm:
    O-Line :facepalm:
    team. :facepalm:

that's a 4:facepalm: rating this game.

:cool:

2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

The problem here isn't really Minkah...... The problem is Keith Butler trying to use Minkah like he was troy, moving him all over the defense...... They need to keep him at single high free safety where offenses have no idea where he's going to help out until it's too late and the pass rush gets in.... He's a playmaker, but he's certainly not troy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Agree 100%. He’s an excellent deep safety, but average when used near the line of scrimmage. He makes his big plays with the entire play in front of him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    How many times was Green pancaked?

5. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    As much as I want to blame Canada we’re never going to know what his offense might look like until Ben is gone.
    As others have said, Ben does what Ben wants to do. He always has which is why they had Fichtner in there before.

When Ben was great it wasn’t an issue. But it’s a huge issue now.

I don’t know how the team is going to stay motivated when they can see what everyone else can - Ben is done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Worst OL the steelers have put on the field that I can ever remember. Yeah, Ben is washed up but I don't care what QB you stick behind this line, they're going to get killed. We all know there isn't a suitable QB replacement in the bag of D's they have behind him - Deer, Dwayne, and Dobbs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I have no issue with Minkah whatsoever.

That isn't the point I'm trying to make.

What I'm saying is that positionally speaking, safety has a fraction of the impact on a NFL team's success compared to QB and much less impact than other positions such as edge rusher or left tackle. Minkah could be Troy, Ronnie Lott, and Ed Reed all in one and I'd still say the team shouldn't pay him $15M+ per year. Not without your QB situation clear. A top notch safety is a luxury that team's with a franchise QB for the foreseeable future and a functional O line can afford. That does not describe the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Minkah is not playing like a 20 + million year safety, maybe 1/2 of that. For me he plays way too deep safety. Many times on 3 and 10 he is at least 15 years and sometimes 20 yards deep, practically giving the receivers a first down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The misses to JuJu, just dumb founding. I mean this isn't like Ben and JuJu for the 1st season playing together, they been around for 4.5 years together, of course Ben miss the one year completely almost, but these guys know each other.

I'm putting it on Ben, those throws are touchdowns 9 out 10 times with most NFL QBs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yup. There was one long completion to Cobb on a third down that Sutton looked like he was in slow motion coming out of his stance.

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I understand your point but it doesn't address the teaching failure that is happening.

12. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The possibility of the Steelers moving on from Watt whether through trade or letting him walk after his contract was up would have removed hope for many Steeler fans. I wanted them to start cutting payroll this past off season, including Ben. After what I witnessed the last half of 2021, I was pretty convinced this roster needed overhauled and that no player should be safe. Now I'm more convinced than ever. Watt might not even be a Steeler when this team is good enough to contend in the future.

13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Every QB from High School and up are told that if someone is wide open it is better to underthrow them rather than overthrow the ball. If you overthrow them by an inch or by 20 yards it doesn't matter the receiver can't catch it.

14. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Add in the 10 point swing on the "offsides" on the block field goal, which the replay clearly showed wasn't offsides, and it wasn't the total disaster that everyone would like to make it. But yeah, those misses were bad.

15. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    They were bad and that was 14 points left off the table.