1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the Packers dumpster fire

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Oct 3, 2021.

1. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    He misses way too many tackles, and he goes whole quarters without making a impact. Nowhere near Polamalu level.

2. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Atleast he'd be stuck behind a few guys on the depthchart.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Stuttering?

4. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I don't expect him to be a 43. Troy was an all-time great. My point is that by the very nature of the position, the game, and the cap, you have to decide where you can accept an average performer versus a very good performer. Since by definition you have limited resources if you have to spend top dollar you'd put QB, left tackle, edge rusher, wideout, cornerback, interior lineman, all above safety. I'd put RB and TE about the same as safety, but that's it.

5. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Tourettes

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    True, but I'm hearing all this hype that he is the best safety in football, and you pay for that no matter the position. I can't call him great.

7. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was trying to tie this in with the Rockettes when they all keep repeating but I couldn’t make I work,

:smiley1:

9. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They do this every season. They form a plan in the off-season, and just stick with it no matter what. Adjustments and gameplanning for your competition are for the weak, I guess

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    There's no way you can pay that for a safety when you don't have a QB, no O-line to speak of, and an aging D-line and corners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    That's what I 've been saying for some time now. MT is a routine guy, not a strategy, analysis, or whatever you call those who delve deep into game planning each week. What worked 10 yrs ago is what we're seeing today with the same QB still at the helm. Even after our first loss this yr, MT said he wasn't changing Sh!t. We're going to keep on trucking with the same plan until we run out of games to play this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Wasted is right. At least he illustrated a new tackling technique today.

13. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Couldn't agree more. I cringed when they broke the bank for Watt without a new franchise QB on the team, but I get it.

14. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Or, maybe bench him because he can't hit open receivers that could have been scores or 1st downs to move chains? Ben shouldn't be benched because he is running what he wants, he should be benched because he can't run what he wants (or what anyone wants).

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Should be benched for all of the above.

16. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    One of my observations is that Green is the worst Center in the league. He clearly isn't ready. I can't count how many times he was pancaked.

This isn't even an injury riddled OL. These are their guys.

Question, is this the worst "intentional" OL the the Steelers have ever offered to the public?

This is embarrassing. They neglected the OL for 10 years and now we're sitting here with this flaccid joke of an offensive line.

I really don't even want to watch them. This season is over.

Oh, and Bush is a "bust and a half". A piece of glass that can't pass or run defend. Can we please just trade him for a 6th rd pick already? While we can still get a 6th rd pick?

If we win 5 games I will be SHOCKED! This could be our worst team since "99.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Speaking of Troy, our coach and GM forced him out when he wasn’t performing. It was business over loyalty then. Why are we now sticking with a QB who clearly cannot play at the level expected from a starting QB?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Isn't that painfully obvious? Even they believe that they have nothing else.

19. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    My wife thinks I have Tourettes when the Steelers play this year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Oh we see it. But the people who can actually do something about it don't.

21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Out of context, that sounds dirty.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Assuming said QB arrives via the draft, Watt's contract isn't likely to interfere. Lawerence's AAV is just under $7MM, and that's from the 1.1 slot (not that the Steelers are currently showing themselves incapable of netting that high of a pick next year). If the Steelers were to draft a QB in the first round in 2022, he would just be entering his fifth year option as Watt's contract expired.

The debate on Watt really comes down to whether you think the team can keep enough surrounding talent in place with him along the front seven, so as to get the most out of his $28MM AAV . Watt's a great talent, but he's had some above average talent around him as well. The defensive line in particular will need to be rebuilt in the near future with Heyward (32) entering his twilight, Alualu (34) likely not returning next year, and Tuitt (28) currently out indefinitely. No matter how good Watt is, losing talent there would have an effect on his productivity.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    My biggest gripe about the Watt signing isn’t about how good Watt is it’s that the Steelers are heading towards a complete rebuild and have many needs. His money could have been spread around while we search for the next franchise QB. Watt will be on some terrible teams the next few years and even if he plays well won’t make one difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    This is Edmunds last year.

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Unless he makes some serious changes, I can't see it also. he has NOT been the playmaker I was hoping for.