1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

my knee jerk reaction from the game

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steel1031, Jan 23, 2017.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    make the damn switch. I want 4-3 press man. screw it. if we get beat, we get beat play aggressive.

rd1 Sidney jones cb Washington bye to willie gay

rd2 Demarcus walker de florida st

rd3 chris godwin wr penn st bye to bey

rd4 Elijah lee lb Kansas st

rd5 eddie Jackson s Alabama by to golden and/or Mitchell

rd6 ahkello witherspoon cb Colorado bye to cockrell

rd7 jeremiah ledbetter dt Arkansas

I am sick and tired of the 3-4 zone lack of blitz.

I don't know if they can but put heyward, hargrave, tuitt, and this walker kid on the dline

let Dupree, shazier, and maybe we can find another one because I don't think Timmons will be back. hope he is though

burns, jones as corners and tell them to follow wrs to the damn bathroom if they go. senquez might see the field. cut gay, cockrell. they are pathetic

I think davis is gonna be good. Mitchell sucks. so does golden. gotta find a safety

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    It is intriguing now that you have brought this situation up.

I understand that formations are used to attack opposing offensive formation weakness and vise versa but why not have a singular nucleus of how the defense should be run?

I have seen "Faux 4-3" looks in the 3-4 mold, 3-4 under, nickel, base 3-4, 3-4 formations that use Tampa 2 coverages and so on. While I do not have an issue myself with a multi-array of formations and sets, simply finding what works is what will help this team.

Are we going to be a "Tampa 2" 4-3 in the way Mike Tomlin wants it to be or a "3-4 Eagle" the way Butler wants?

Too many different ideological philosophies can cripple a defensive talents maximum potential should said players not be suited for such roles.

To that end, whichever edge rusher we take is going to tell us a lot about our defensive style.

Takkarist McKinley being thr guy means Blitzburgh" is here to stay.

Anyone else like Charles Harris or even someone else indicates a switch to a hybrid 4-3 defense.

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Kinda funny cause my reaction to this game makes me want a CB and a Safety more then I want a pass rusher because time after time when we play Brady we don't use the pass rusher. So with that thinking I want to improve our back end. Also I know we are getting Bryant back but I want a WR as well and I want a fast one. I think Wheaton is gone and that is fine and I am fine with Coates sticking around but he needs to find the bottom of the depth chart. I am hoping Ayers can step up into a #3 or 4 role. I also want a RB who we can mold into a good back up for Bell, I really like Hunt from Toledo in the 4th round. I know we need pass rushers but I feel after seeing this game CB & S are bigger needs. jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I want to be a defense like seattle was. who cares what the offense does. we are gonna do what we do and you can run your stuff. I seen an interview with carroll, who I cant stand, before the super bowl against the broncos. talking about peyton. he said look he is a great quarterback but we are a great defense. I think he will worry more about what we do than what he will try to do. I loved that

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I totally agree and we didn't even give our defense a chance.......