1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My Final 2012 Big Board

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by deljzc, Apr 25, 2012.

1. deljzc

deljzc Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Hi everyone.

If anyone is interested, I have posted my final 2012 Big Board/value rankings of about 250 prospects + 15 Quarterbacks (separate spreadsheet).

I have the link posted on my blog:

http://deljzc.blogspot.com/

I'm not too familiar with how well Google documents print out, but I think it's also copy/paste-able into Excel. It makes for a pretty convenient color-coded cheat sheet during the draft that you can mark off players as selected. I print it out as 7 pages (sideways) for the main group and then 1 page for the quarterbacks. The third spreadsheet/tab at the bottom lists my top 81 players (3rd round grades or better) by position if you prefer to use that method during the first couple of nights.

The fourth spreadsheet is also easily printable to let you write in the selections as you watch the draft the first two nights (once you get to round 4-7, just go on-line to keep track of picks).

I know it's not a real scouting report type thing, but I've been doing it this way for 6 years and thought I would share. No harm in that.

2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Very nice work as always.....Of course I have 2 guys viewed or ranked differently than you do.....I think Hightower has value after the middle of round #2,I think this is where his NFL production will match the pick.....

I also have Quick a lot higher,but I know him, so it is a bit different....His value to me is anywhere past pick #40 ....He will need a year or 2 ,but I think when it's all said and done he is in the top 3 of all the WR'S in this draft....

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Great work as always. I know alot of work goes into it.

I think I may come to regret dropping Sanu from my Top 32. He's got a little Hakeem Nicks in him. I think someone is going to get an excellent value pick in the 2nd round.

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't participate usually on the draft threads because I'm not much of a draftnik myself. And I don't follow college football nearly as closely as I used to.

But I do appreciate reading the threads. So thanks to everyone who put in the study and time to organize things like this.

And an extra thanks to Deljzc. The board feels whole now with your draft stuff. :herewego:

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Why are there no punters on your list del? I would expect to see some seeing as you were such a vocal supporter of the trade-up to draft Sepulveda.

J/K - good work, as always. I agree with 10 times more of your assessments than I disagree with.

6. deljzc

deljzc Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    As you can tell from my Big Board, I'm a bit happy at the DeCosta pick....

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Stunned he was still available. Definitely a happy guy right now. I fear that he's not a great athlete, but I think he has the desire to be great. Kugler should be able to turn this guy into a probowler within a few years.

Also stunned that Upshaw slid out of the 1st round. Getting treated like Woodley did. Someone is going to get a hell of a player.