1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My favorite mock to date...

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelByDesign, Apr 9, 2012.

1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    A 5 round mock by Charlie Campbell on Walterfootball.com
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2012charlie.php

1. Donta Hightower, ILB, Alabama
    2. Amini Silatulo, G/T, Midwestern State (my favorite 2nd prospect)
    3. Chris Polk, RB, Washington,
    4. Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State
    5. Akeem Hicks, DT, University of Regina (Canada)

2. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I'd LOVE this mock, and it's by far my favorite that I've seen, but the only gripe I have is he has Josh Chapman on the board on our 3rd round pick.

If we went Hightower, Silatolu, Chapman, Datko, Best RB available (in that order), it'd be my perfect draft.

3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Going to agree with SBD here. If our first two days finishes 1) Hightower or Keuchly, 2) Silotulu or Zietler, and 3)Chapman or Ta'amu, I will be a very happy person. Datko I think is underrated because he was hurt, but most drafts have Osemeli going early to mid 2nd, and Datko was ahead of him at left tackle before his injury, so I think he could be a great 4th round pick up.

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I saw that too. I definitely don't want a RB in the top 4 rounds, but if we took a running back with Chapman still on the board, I'd crap myself with rage... Hey, is there a smiley for that?

5. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I just spent about 20 minutes looking for this post because I felt like laughing. Time well spent!

6. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    It's true. I hope I never need that smiley... And thanks for bringing this thread back up! Now I'm furious all over again. "Hey, we don't have a nose tackle. Should we get a new Casey Hampton?" "Nah... I want to NOT see what Jonathan Dwyer can do, and I want to be stacked 5 deep at RB once Mendenhall comes back. That's worth not having a nose tackle, right?"

AS I was typing that, Jamie Dukes was on TV saying we need a RB in the 3rd. My stomach is churning...

7. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Ugh. Yeah man, if we draft a RB early I'll be pretty displeased. I think RB is our only position that we don't need to draft, unless Richardson falls to #24. :lolol:

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Osemeli and Datko played on 2 different teams...hahaha. You're thinking of Zebrie Sanders or whatever his name is.

9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    your right. Must have been drinking scotch that day. But Sanders is still a late second
    /third rounder

10. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    Were going to take a rb at some point in this draft (my money is on lamarr miller, isiah pead, or Lamichael James) because Haley wants one. He wants to recreate the running game he had w Thomas jones and jamaal Charles.

I'm excited about that because if Haley gets to draft a guy he's going to use him. It's too bad Stefan Logan is gone, he could've been dangerous with the right OC.

11. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Haley wants a toy so we do what he wants in his first year with the team? All the guys you list are 2nd-3rd round prospects. Someone who could be dangerous with the right OC? Rashard Mendenhall. I can't believe we need to spend a premium draft pick to satisfy a by-committee position for a portion of the season. I really can't believe we'd sacrifice the nose tackle of the future, or something else of great importance for it.