1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My dream Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by numbah58, Jan 1, 2013.

1. turkeysniper

turkeysniper Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    i'm not interested in ILB unless they can be a day one starter. Timmons has been the most consistent/dependable piece we have in our linebacker corp. foote needs replaced but is serviceable and stays on the field, sylvester is adequate for depth. we just signed a futures contract. we still don't know about spence, coaches may know more. unless they provide immediate impact ILB is just more of the same.

2. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know why you would think Ogletree couldn't contribute from day 1. He's the best ILB in this draft IMO.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think he could also do some damage from the OLB spot too.:cool:

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I couldnt agree more. with harrison having back issues and not able to get the lean he normally gets. why not move him inside and you could have ogletee timmons harrison woodley on the field at the same time. I think james can play inside and if he is willing to do it be great and by a couple more years

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You think Ogletree can consistently beat tackles with his pass rush and anchor the outside edge in run support? I don't see that at all. He's a really good football player, but power is not his game.

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    what do you think about brandon jenkins if is available in rd 2 or 3 ?

7. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree..He could get the corner on stunts but not consistently beating T's in the pass game or setting the edge in the run game. He's a larger, more physical version of Sean Spence IMO. His place is inside in the 3-4..

8. turkeysniper

turkeysniper Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012

you know what, you're right. i don't see the post i thought i was responding to, it must be somewhere else.
    ogletree is at his best sideline to sideline though. he's very fast, hits explosively when he has a free shot. does not play as well with the ball coming straight at him. i do think teo is a better compliment to timmons though. he's a little bigger, absorbs lead blockers better. i certainly don't think ogletree belongs on the outside taking on lineman on a consistent basis.

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If he plays in a 3-4, then I agree that he should be on the inside. However, I think his best position in the NFL may be as the MLB in a Tampa 2 scheme.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    heyward at DE, harrison at ILB and ogletree at OLB all on one side of the alignment, absolutely i think it would work and work well. who you gonna block first? who you gonna double team? speed kills on defense.:cool: