1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My dream Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by numbah58, Jan 1, 2013.

1. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I too would like Minter in the 2nd...hope he is there. He really reminds me of a young Farrior or Vilma type LB, maybe some London Fletcher in his game as well.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't know much about him. my only concern with guys from smaller schools is the coaching he has received at that level. kind of a rip on myself saying that but it's a big jump up. we don't have the best teacher here in mongomery either, so it may be a stretch. i like the wr's from tenn. and va.tech.though.:cool:

3. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I like both the Vols WR's, especially Hunter but they both will be high picks. Marcus Davis is intrigueing but I have a suspicion that his 40 time will be in the 4.6 range. If you can, take a look at the 2011 game between Appalachian St and Elon. Brian Quick was taken 33rd in last years draft from App St. and he wasn't the best receiver in that game. It was Aaron Mellette. Also when Mellette plays D-I talent he performs. Against Vandy he had 11 catches for 180 yards and a TD. Vandy was 12th in the FBS versus the pass that year. Check him out mac

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree rob. he may end up as a 1 before it's over. what i like about him also is the size. i think he could actually be a guy that could play JH's spot too as well as inside. similar to what they thought timmons could do. hollomen from SC may be a good canidate for ILB. he's got the size speed and coverage ability to go with the run stuffer mentality. he's a strong safety in a lb's body. couple him with spence and timmons, throw in an elam and rambo and we would be very hard to handle passing against us, let alone running.

what would timmons,hollomen,elam,rambo and spence as the main sub look like to throw against with lewis and ike and allen on the corners, woodley and minter from the outsides,mclendon and his speed up the middle and heyward from the DE spot. i'm seeing a very good defense in a year. this could be had very easily.:cool:

5. James Anarchy 2

James Anarchy 2 Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Agreed. I'd like to see us pick up Minter and in later round pickup Compton from NE. Minter's a no brainer and Compton is a heck of an athlete with brains and reminds me a little of Mike Vrabel.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    wouldn't suck.

1.elam s.s fla. playmaker for our aging safety spot. add him with rambo and it may be as good of a tandum as clark and troy in a couple of years.

2.minter ilb lsu used as a pass rusher in JH spot by 2014 and also a middle pass rusher with JH playing outside.

3.rambo fs geo. see above at number 1.(steal at this spot)

4.thornton g/t ill. starting LG with ability to move to LT if needed.

5.hollomen olb s.c. used as ilb next to timmons with spence subbing for fresh legs. great inside linebacker core against the run and pass as well as rushing the passer.

6.burkhead rb neb. hard nose do it all rb.

7.stoneburner te ohio st. big target with wr like pass catching skills.

i could get on board with a draft like this.:cool:

7. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if we want to take elam we can even trade down a few spot , he should still be available later

8. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    You guys know the college guys more than me, but I could hardly tell Elam was on the field last night, no?

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    he was the one that didn't give up a catch and made most of the plays for florida against the run and behind the line. he had a very good game last night. they didn't throw it where he was.:cool:

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    cbs has already moved him way up today freak after his game last night. they have him at #24 right now. he is the real deal at safety.:cool:

11. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    I could get on board. The only glaring difference with our mocks is the 1st round. I like Sims much more than Stoneburner however.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    where is sims predicted to go? i like him alot too, he would bring alot more of a blocking TE to the mix. my thinking on stoneburner is he's used more like a wr at osu. we need one and would be a two for one type guy. a big 3rd or 4th wr plus TE. i'd be happy with either. i just hope heath can get back.

i also worry minter may not last in the 2nd until we pick. i've seen him at the bottom of the first. lots will change by draft day and guys will move around but i'd be happy with either of our scenario's.:cool:

13. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    I've seen Sims in the 3rd-6th rounds. I think alot depends on how he runs the 40.I would be happy with either scenario also.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    he is a big dude. ya gotta love that.:cool:

15. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    May have to trade that 3rd rounder to get Te'o

1) ILB Manti Te'o
    2) CB/FS David Amerson
    3) OLB Brandon Jenkins
    4) OT Reid Fragel
    5) CB/S Tyrann Mathieu
    6) WR Marquise Goodwin
    7) S Ray Ray Armstrong

or

sign Rolando McClain once the Raiders cut him

1) OG Chance Warkmack
    2) CB/FS David Amerson
    3) OLB Brandon Jenkins
    4) OT Reid Fragel
    5) CB/S Tyrann Mathieu
    6) WR Marquise Goodwin
    7) S Ray Ray Armstrong

HACK

16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I love the idea of signing Rolo when he becomes available. He has the potential and was rated just as high or higher as anyone coming out this year. That would give us a lot more flexibility in the draft,we can go stud OLB or Safety or even BPA. To me it's a no-brainier which means there's probably no chance it happens.

17. turkeysniper

turkeysniper Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    1. teo/dion jordan
    2. tony jefferson
    3. cory lemonier/ shayne skov
    4. kniles davis
    5. gabe ikard, c/g oklahoma
    6. zeke motta, safety notre dame
    7. zac dysert, qb miami of ohio

18. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i like the idea to take a shot at both b. jenkins and mathieu , palyers that for different problems will be available later than their talent suggest . i would do the same with rb m.dyer if falls in late rounds

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    one thing thats nice this year is the depth of good players at DE/OLB and safety and corner in this draft. we could get quality into the latter rounds. even after this draft there will be some good depth at UDFA's. good year to need defense.:cool:

20. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    1RD elam fs
    2rd minter ilb
    3rd b.jenkins olb
    4rd m.davis wr
    5rd hugh thornton
    6rd j stoneburner te
    7rd m. dyer rb
    udfa a couple of cbs and qbs

do we have any compensatory pick?

21. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Rumor is maybe a 7th for Gay.

HACK

22. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    k, I'll give this a try.

1st- ILB Manti Te'o- I'm going to say it. Just like last year everybody's "dream draft" started with DeCastro, but they took him off because there was no way he would be there, I'm saying Te'o. Last year my (not DeCastro) pick was Hightower.
    2nd- CB/S David Amerson- Love this guy. Really see him as our Safety of the future. A ball hawk, who doesn't play his best in man to man. Perfect safety for us. Would also consider Elam, Jefferson, or Reid.
    3rd- QB Landry Jones- He would have been the #3 qb hands down in the 2012 draft. He completes 67% of his passes. And he's looking at the 3rd round? Sorry, last year proved we need a real back-up.
    4th- DE/OLB Quentarius Smith- Started the year with 4 sacks vs. Alabama. nuff said.
    5th- RB Marcus Lattimore- we have the horses to let him sit a year.
    6th- S Ray Ray Armstrong- Honestly believe that safety is a huge need for us, and 2 is better than one here. And if he works out and Amerson is a better CB in our system, well hell, that works too.
    7th- QB/RB/Wr Dennard Robinson- Multi purpose, Jack of all trades. And if he can fill in the slot, all the better.

23. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Updated dream draft

My updated draft 1/21

24. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I like it and agree/hope we will not draft any OL. With Beachum named the starter at guard, we have our 5 and they're all young...just need some vet swingmen. This draft addresses all our aging needs on D and we need that physical WR.

25. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    1 Rd. E. Ansah DE/OLB Byu---- Assuming that Harrison will be cut (hope not) he will need to take a 3-4 mil pay cut. This will be a position of need with Worilds in his last year of his contract and can we really trust him?

2 Rd. Matt Elam SS Fla--- With the Age of the Safties we have I really think a hard hitting safety with quick feet like Elam will fall to us in the 2nd round. He has a second round grade, but will need to tighten his coverage skills up

3 Rd. Aaron Dobson Wr Marshall --- With wallace leaving and with 2 shifty Wrs in brown and sanders, dobson will be a nice addition to the WR corp at 6ft 4in he will be the "big Wr" that ben wants

4 Rd. Ryan Otten TE
    San Jose St. --- with Miller probably on the PUP list to start the year (hes not getting any younger) we could look to add one of the best TE prospects in the draft.

5 Rd. Kwame Geather DT Georgia --- at 6ft 5in 355 lbs he would be a perfect fit for a 3-4 NT. With big snack getting up there and taamus troubles we should look at this position as a position of need.

6 Rd. Bruce Taylor ILB Va Tech---Foote is getting long in the tooth and spences injury might be worse than initially though.

7 Rd. Brad Sorenson Qb S. Utah--- We need a younger Back up

Thoughts would be welcome