1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My dream Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by numbah58, Jan 1, 2013.

1. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I know it's early and things will undoubtably change. With that said:

1- Ezekial Ansah OLB/DE BYU
    Athletic enough to play in space as a 3-4 OLB and physical enough to play the run as a 4-3 RDE. He's a physically gifted pass-rusher that works at his trade. Nice assortment of pass-rush moves.

2- Kevin Minter ILB LSU
    A big-hitting run stuffer. Good blitzer with a mean streak that punishes ball carriers.

3- Baccari Rambo S Georgia
    Big play machine. Whether it's forced fumbles, interceptions or fumble recoveries he has a nose for the football.

4- Hugh Thornton G/T Illinois
    Tough, smart lineman that has the ability to move outside. Football playing Jessie.

5- Dion Sims TE Michigan St
    Big, strong run blocking TE that has nice hands, unusual speed and good feet for his size.

6- Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
    Big-time talent with big-time injury concerns. Worth a late round flyer IMO.

7- Aaron Mellette WR Elon
    Unusual speed/size combination with good production, albeit at a very diluted talent level.

Thoughts/Opinions?
    Your dream draft??

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    ansah is my top pick as well , maybe djon jordan if is available , good draft

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Lattimore was a stud at south carolina hope he can become a steeler and really help out

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Love the Minter and Lattimore picks, although I think Lat goes earlier, I'm thinking day two. Minter is exactly what we need at ILB next to Timmons.

5. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    If Lattimore goes earlier than I expect, there are still a few late round steals at RB IMO..Zac Stacey- Vandy, Dennis Johnson- Arkansas and Michael Dyer- Arkansas St are 3 backs I like that should be available on day 3.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  6. turkeysniper

turkeysniper Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    is minter expected to declare?

7. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    From all indications Minter is expected to declare as he is a top-3 ILB..

8. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    In most mocks I've seen, your picks 1 - 4 could all be available. I too think we need an ILB early, but it all depends in what the coaching staff believes we have in Spence. If they think he's a starter, he and Timmons should be our backers for the foreseable future.

9. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Interesting first pick. Living in San Diego, I watched him against the Aztecs in the Poinsettia Bowl, he had a solid game. Solid player.

10. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Nice draft. Not sure we need a G/T in the draft yet, but some of that is up to Starks and Colon. If Lewis leaves I might also consider a CB at that spot.

11. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    anyone see the cbs sports early mock drafts? They have us taking DT Jesse Williams (Alabama), or CB Johnathan Banks (Mississippi State)....I don't agree with either of these.

Here is the link : http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

12. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    I think Lattimore will not be on the board after the third round. He has too much potential and knee injuries aren't as limiting as they used to be.

13. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    williams not at all , banks could be an option if we don't re-sign lewis (but seems we do) . for me is olb , safety or de , i wouldn't mind trade down if we target an ilb , we could even grab elam in late first round then minter in rd 2 , if we release harrison is an olb for sure

14. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    1- Ezekial Ansah OLB/DE BYU
    2- Kevin Minter ILB LSU
    3- Baccari Rambo S Georgia
    4- Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
    5- Dion Sims TE Michigan St
    6- WR
    7- BPA

I was looking at this again Numbah, and I think I would even be okay with this.

You address the 3 biggest needs on the D in the first 3 picks. With pick 4, you take a gamble, but Lattimore has the potential to be a STUD. Look at what Peterson did this year coming off basically the same injury. You have added a blocker first type TE who can also catch. Adding a WR has been done before with success from this team. If he can be a big physical receiver I would be even happier. The 7th is always just a guessing game for most. I will say the same, just BPA. Maybe a QB you want to grab so you don't have to fight them in the UDFA signing period. Another G/T combo seemed to work fine this year with Beachum as he looked better than he should have after a really, really bad camp start. Maybe a safety you hope someone overlooked. Just BPA for there from our list of needs.

15. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Did Lattimore officially declare for the draft? WOW, that's rather surprising to declare after another injury ending season. I thought he'd try one more year as the payday difference between a 1/2 or 3/4/5/6 is huge.

16. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i like that draft and in the 6 as wr i would take marcus davis from virginia tech but i like mellette

17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Have you read anything on Dyer? I loved this guy as a freshman. Obviously he went through a rough patch. The last I read he was at some obscure school not even playing football this year? Have you read anything that might imply he intends to continue playing football? I would love to take him as a 7th round pick.

18. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    From the information I've seen Dyer is attending Arkansas Baptist and as you stated, not playing football. He was declined enrollment by Pairie View and Tommy Bowden is no longer at Northen Alabama so it looks like he's exhausted his college opportunities. All indications, Dyer is doing well and has surrounded himself with family and quality role models. With his athletic talent I'd be willing to throw a late round pick at him.

19. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    There are two things that I don't like about Lattimore 1) No 2nd gear 2)two major knee injuries already. We've already got two big strong backs that run in the 4.6-7 range.

20. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    A safety named Rambo? We gotta get this guy

21. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Someone will gamble on Lattimore in the first three rounds, guaranteed. Too much talent and potential to drop all the way to the 6th. Be lucky to have him available in the 4th, really.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like your positions you picked #58, I have not watched enough
    of college football to gauge these prospects. Here is hoping we
    can get some impact players in this draft, we are going to need it.
    May I add another thing, depending upon circumstances I think we MUST
    think of a player that can get after the QB, and we must really think also
    about a RB.these two items along with the safety position has to be addressed
    either it be thru FA/drafts/trades.

23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Thats what I'm sayin. I'll order my jersey that day. Lol.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we have several of the same likes here 58. i love the thornton pick. he would start over colon and get this line young and mobile.

dion sims is a beast and under used at mich.st. but what a wide body with some speed.

i have minter at my 2nd also.

i have seen mocks of us taking dion jordan at 1. ansah is a big body guy and is more the woodley type. i'm fine with that, for woodley's spot but we need that faster OLB for JH replacement too.

i do like rambo, but am still a matt elam at one believer. he had a good game against louisville, maybe the only gator too. lol.

lattimore worries me though. stacey i like, maybe even burkhead from nebraska. he seems like he should be a steeler to me.

nice mix there though.:cool:

25. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Great minds think alike mac!

Seriously though, I didn't think Lattimore would get this much attention from the mock. If Lattimore is gone by the 4th like others here believe, I'll take Stacey. I absolutely love the idea of selecting Ansah. He has incredible physical gifts and the work ethic to be great whether in a 3-4 or 4-3. I like Elam too but I think he's a bit of a reach at #17 while Rambo is a steal in the 3rd, so I went value there. As for Minter, I'm just hoping he's available in the 2nd because he's a Steeler if I've ever seen one. Hugh Thornton could possibly be available later but i like his game enough to make sure we get him, so the 4th round it is. I totally agree with your analysis about Sims. He has been underutilized at Mich St. just like he will be here. Just kidding but not really. What do you think of the Mellette kid from Elon college?