1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My brother's make a wish

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Bobby Yachovitz, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Bobby Yachovitz

Bobby Yachovitz New Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Hello nation! My brother and I have been fans since before we were born. Dad was a "yunz-er"! It's in the blood. Also in our blood runs the disease ALS( Lou Gehrig's disease). Our dad had it for 7 years. Died at 47.
    My brother Brian has it now also. He's goin on his 7th year with it. He's 47 with a wife and 16 year old son.
    It's no fun doing this for a second time. It gets tough some times! He has never been to Steeler game, or any NFL game. I'm trying to get us four to the home opener in September of 2018 but airfare, hotel, rental car and handicap tickets(he is in a wheelchair now) are way out of reach financially. Any help in making this happen would be enormously appreciated. I have set up a go fund me campaign titled 'My brother's make a wish' to try to get it done. Thank you everyone for listening. I love my bro!
    Here we go STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
    Bobby

• Like Like x 1
  2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    ALS is a TERRIBLE DISEASE, my friend a former marine died from it at age 63, he made them take his feeding tube out so he could end the misery, may god bless your brother and your family and maybe someday they will find a cure and it cant happen soon enough, I send you and him my deepest sympathy, and WELCOME to the board......

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    I hope this trip works out for you all! I'll try and help spread the word about the Go FundMe!

Prayers to your brother and family!

Go Steelers!