1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Much needed Bye Week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Scrap, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I usually hate when bye week comes, boring weekend, no football parties worth going to but I guess I will still bewatching Bengals and Ravens play.

Anyways, I feel this bye couldn't come at a better time. We took a deflating second loss to Ravens at HOME but then we rebounded for the W against the Bengals. We are still sitting pretty in the AFC North but its still going to be a hell of a race. I actually am REALLY enjoying the AFC North battle this season... yeah it hurts to take your lumps and lose but they have been tough games and barring injuries that only helps us get prepared for tough games in the Play Offs.

The guys need a breather and it will give us some time to get some nagging injuries healed and get some guys back up to 100%. I can't WAIT to see them come back firing on all cylinders come week 12.

Anyways, total obvious thread bit just wanted to say this. To keep it going, what will you be doing on the Bye Week? I live in MD so I will be watching our competitors duke it out and actually be rooting for the Bungles lol (or a tie?). Will you be watching the AFC north game or will you just take a breather as well and spend time with the family?

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I can't remember the last time I was this glad to have a bye week outside of the playoffs.

3. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    At the beginning of the season, I thought this was waaaaay too late to have a bye week...
    As it turns out, with the rest of the division games coming up, and a few key players, who could use a week`s worth of rest...
    It seems like a pretty damn good time for it...
    Personally, I will take the one day a week I get off work, and catch up on stuff that needs done around the house... While listening to whatever football games are on the tv... Hopefully that will include the Bungles/Cravens...
    But if the Clowns are on at the same time, that is probably what will be on local tv... :(

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Agreed, this bye week is coming at a good time for us. Should have Woodley back after and Harrison creeping ever closer to 100% strength. Should allow Kemo to rest up a little more as well. If we insist in starting him he may as well be healthy!

As for my plans, I'll hope that I can get the CIN/BAL showdown or the GB game. Will probably work on finishing up the bathroom remodel too.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    will all our guys be ready to go after the bye week?

6. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It's a perfect time for the bye. Woodley, Troy, Ben, Hines, Max, Manny and Farrior could all use the week of rest.

Get ready for the "push".

7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I guess since I haven't heard from Coach T yet, after having declared I was ready to play, going into the bye week I"m probably not going to get that call. Mean while, I will be cheering for the Bengals. I keep thinking how sweet it will be to have given the Ravens two regular season games, only, to beat them in the play-offs.