1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mr. Tomlin plzzzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by merlin111, Dec 20, 2011.

1. merlin111

merlin111 Active Member

Nov 3, 2011
    U know I believe in being a good sport and all and sometimes u win and sometimes u lose but I am really sick and tired of this politically correct bs i keep hearing with praise the other team for this and praise the other team for that. How about once just speak your mind. Tomlin has a great list of catchy phrases and metaphors that I find entertaining but he like a lot of other coaches have gone the praise the winner, praise the winner route which makes me want to puke. Its sorta like if I got kicked in the snutz and afterward I was liked, "well I gotta give it to the guy, he had great foot placement, he was real accurate and deliberate in his objective. He just wanted it more than I did. I take full responsibility in the pain I am feeling now, but I have to correct my issues at this junction, and prepare to not get kicked in the snutz come saturday" I know a lot of this is probably because of the fines even coaches get for deliberate speech in regards to press conferences, but its still annoying.

2. 6 Timers

6 Timers Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Time for him to step down...

3. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Yep - let's see how many other coaches that we can get who win more than twice the number of games they lose (53-25) - with a playoff record of 5-2 (so far). You really want to start over? The beauty of the Steelers organization is the ability to see the big picture. They hire solid coaches and let them do their jobs for a long long time. We have had fewer coaches and FAR more success in the last 40+ years than the Browns have had in the last DECADE. Which system works better? I think I'll stick with my Steelers, the Rooneys and Mike Tomlin. Join another bandwagon if you really think a head coaching change would help this organization.

4. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Oh - let's add in there 3 out of the last 4 division champions and 4 out of 5 years to the playoffs. Do you KNOW how many teams there are that would like to have that resume in their coach? I would say maybe everyone except New England at this point - maybe the Packers.

5. bobtx2us

bobtx2us Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Just because Noll & Cowher served those many years doesn't give an automatic pass to MT. Noll & Cowher earned those years by being active, decisive leaders. If the FO feels they made a mistake, the previous tradition shouldn't matter. At a minimum, MT should fire Arians as he is responsible for hiring him.

6. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Mike Tomlin is a person who accepts responsibility for his shortcomings, and works to correct them. He also coaches his team on this manner of behavior.

I know that's not a popular trend in today's world. But it's the right thing to do.

It's called: class.

7. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Did you SEE Tomlin's STATS over the past 5 years??!! Really? You don't think he earns his years? Let's poll the owners in the NFL and see how many would LOVE to have 53 wins, 5 playoff wins, 2 Super Bowl appearances, 3 division championships in 4 years and 4 playoff appearances in 5 years. At what point are we going to say we have a successful head coach? His system WORKS - but, unfortunately, we do not win Super Bowls every year. And - the last I checked - we're still in the running for THIS one.

8. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't want to see him fired, but I do get annoyed with his interviews. He never actually says anything!

9. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    There you go trying to use reason and logic, again, md! For shame! Lol!

10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Neither does Bill Belichek and he been to 4 superbowls and won 3 of them.

11. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Cool! Other people are calling him "Mister" Tomlin because they don't think he does any coaching, too!

12. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Yeah - you're probably right. We could probably run this group out onto the field without any coaches and they could win 53 out of 78 games. There's no coaching involved in winning 3 out of 4 division championships, going to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years and the Super Bowl 2 out of 3 years. Anyone could have done it.

13. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Not time for him to step down, time to step up and get this team ready. LETS ****ING GO!!

14. hi0

hi0 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    He's the head coach. You don't want a Rex Ryan writing checks his players can't cash. Ryan guarantee's for the Super Bowl every single season and looks like an idiot when they don't make it. He says Sanchez is the greatest thing since Jesus, and looks like an idiot when reality kicks in. I'd rather have the PC coach who is zen-like in his approach than a bumbling idiot yelling and boasting at every opportunity.

15. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Which I guess is why he lost all those home AFC Championship games. How soon some of us forget, the grass is always greener, etc. etc. etc.