1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving forward

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jan 23, 2017.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We are all pissed. We are all tired of losing to these guys. It is what it is, they always stand in the way of our hopes and dreams and crush them lol. We can never be "those guys" that kill the pats in the postseason, raisins, donkeys, etc. They are a well oiled machine.

ok so positives.
    Ben is hurt, I know he is. Watch he will announce it. There has to be a reason for the dropoff.
    our defense is good, young but good. we got thrashed because we always do vs brady. Even with elite D's, zones dont cut it.

4-5 won 9 straight and lost to the cheaters. They are the best, giving props.

ok moving forward.
    we get stoner back, hopefully get an OLB. Deebo back. more exp in secondary. Heyward back.
    each year we have been progressively moving forward. 2014=wc, 2015-div 2016- championship

Honestly our defense can continue playing zone, but we need an alternate defense just for cheats. Seriously, our defense needs a backup plan just for 1 team. Otherwise we will never beat them.

exploit weaknesses, take advantage of mismatches. Don't impose your will, that stuff is stupid. X's and O's.

We win when someone knocks the pats off. It's annoying. Not even sure ben has long, he might be hitting peyton status soon.

Go steelers

2. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben, Brown, Bell, Bryant, Boz, Rogers, James, Green(maybe) then williams and a 3rd string rb.

I would do this formation

Brown AV RF MP DD MG JJ (insert Bell here) Bryant
    Ben
    (insert Bell here) Williams

deebo coming back. 3 rooks with playoff exp, heyward baby, golson hopefully! and hopefully another good rookie

stay optimistic, we got this once brady retires in 20 years

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I am still optimistic even after the events of last night.

Our defense is just a pass rusher away to finally resurrecting the "Renegade" defense of old. I am not going to just hand over my admiration to the Patriots because of one game. It is going to take a lot more than just one game to change this Canadian's perception of the Black 'n' Gold.

We will be back with New England next season I am sure. Besides, if Baltimore or even Denver somehow makes it and beats New England for us, all the better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This team needs to decide way before preseason or the regular season who they aspire to be. Chip on their shoulder kick everyone's butt, stay healthy a players responsibility, and develop an identity. The new Steel Curtain!!! What ever!! We can get back to the AFCCG next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    burns/davis/cockrell will all have the exp so we can allow them to play man. need a olb/safety and dline depth.