1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Most underrated Steeler...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by spleeny09, Dec 5, 2012.

1. spleeny09

spleeny09 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
  2. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    he has been money this season.

i would imagine just about everyone here has to be eating crow including me. pretty much everyone wanted the rookie over him.

its amazing that the coaches actually know more than we do about which players should play.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    no they don't, they just read the comments from this board and make their final decisions.:lolol::cool:

4. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

Agreed!!!!

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If it wasn't for an ill advised attempt of 54 yards. He would be perfect so far this year. But, even on that kick it was accurate just didn't have the distance by a yard or two.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nope, no crow for me, I've supported him since he got here. Good job Suisham! :applaud:

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I still get nervous no matter who is kicking. Didn't matter if it was Anderson, Johnson, Brown, Reed, or Suisham. Got nervous with all of them.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, Gary is the only kicker who I didn't get nervous with but in general, yeah, it's the nature of the beast, hold your breath until it's through the uprights.

9. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Too bad he won't be in the Pro Bowl :)

10. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I didn't like Suisham much at all when we signed him, and was hoping we'd draft a kicker this past season, and gotta say I was dead wrong. Kudos to the Steelers once again proving they know more than we do.

Although when he was lining up for the game winner I was just yelling to my whole family that he's due for a miss.

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I didnt love him but I didnt hate him either. He made me nervous last year but, this year, he has proven his worth.

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  13. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Me too.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol: priceless!

15. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I wanted him gone....I still want him replaced next season with a young "LEGATRON" type kicker....I want the BOOM.

That being said...guy has done a fantastic job this year....but we all know it will only take one miss in the clutch for us all to hate him again.

Its more about my trust in him than it is his results.....not fair to him..but it is what it is.

HACK

16. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He is starting to grow on me too. I'm still a little concerned because it seems like his most inconsistent time is the month of December. I'm pulling for him, though, and I am no longer bitter that the Steelers didn't replace him this season.

17. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    This says it better than my own response. Agreed.

18. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Been very happy with suisham i voted for him in one of those polls for player of the week.

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Interesting take on underrated. I would have gone with Foster. Everyone wanted the rookie DeCastro in, but now it's like why bring him in with Foster playing the way he is? No one wanted him in the line-up.

20. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I gotta give "Squeeze-em" his props.
    I agree that EVERY kicker makes me nervous, even the best of them, are ALWAYS "due for a miss".
    But I have been pleasantly surprised this year, even the game winner, I felt confident in... (That might have been due to watching in a bar, and taking advantage of the libations... but, I wasn`t scared!!)...
    All that being said, we have a LOT of "Underrated" players on this team.
    I guess you can`t call Heath that, anymore, since Haley has seen fit to feature him...
    Pouncey gets a lot of love from Steeler fans, but what he did, switching from center to guard went fairly unnoticed by the announcers this week, along with Leg`s job at center. (I will eat crow on that one...)...
    My nomination has to go for Will Allen filling in for Troy. He has done great.
    Keenan Lewis, and Cortez Brown have quietly done their jobs pretty damn well, too...
    Also, Can`t complain about Worilds, who many here, thought was OVER rated, till he had his chances...
    Love this team!
    GO STEELERS!!!

21. black&gold in NJ

black&gold in NJ Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Good to see him getting some props, I hope he keeps it up now that its getting cold.:cool:

22. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    And I was thinking this thread was going to talk about Clark. The guy is only starting to get the props he deserves. Oh yeah, Suisham did a good job too!

23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Same here. Suisham has been a bright spot. Even when Suisham came in during the game last year to punt when the punter went down, SS has done everything asked of him. He hasn't gotten much love from the MB and he has easily won at least 6 games for the Steelers over the past 2 seasons on his foot alone and he doesn't get the credit he deserves. I am not generally a fan of kickers but SS deserves a lot more love than he gets from us fans.

I also agree with the poster who said Foster was underrated. I would also say Will Johnson is underrated. Having a real FB and lead blocker has been a real nice change. His hands aren't bad either.

24. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Me too.

25. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I gotta admit i still get nervous when he kicks but the guy has been pretty much lights out. But then again I guess i'm with a lot of the others here and get nervous no matter who is kicking.