1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Most points

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BlacknGold40, Nov 9, 2018.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ha!
    My username on the old (long defunct) rivals.com Steelers message board was HinesField.

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm surprised they let you keep that name cause they had an obscure rule that you couldn't use past/present Steeler players names in your screen name. They banned me for using BuddyDial.

3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    How do you know that? We could have won by a higher margin than we did. Ya never know what would have happened.

4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't think that was the rivals.com board, or not the original one that was around from late 90's until mid 2000's. I started with the name Cc but there was a rule change that usernames had to be at least 4 letters long, so I switched to HinesField (because the new stadium just opened). I remember other guys had players names, like PlaxicoBettis.
    Every NFL team had a board on that site so the fun was going to the board of whoever the Steelers were playing that week and blasting them, back and forth. Teresa Varley ran the board, I think she still works for the Steelers Organization.

5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    That’d be a different complexion!
    ;):lolol:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  6. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    I will never forget the 1989 loss to the Browns at Three Rivers Stadium, 51-0. I never heard the end of it growing up in Brown Country at the time when the Browns were good and we weren't. I started watching the Steelers in the Mark Malone days and Bubby Brister was one of my first favorite QB's, throwing to Louis Lipps, seemed liked Dick Enberg announced every game I watched. Ahh the memories, sorry!