1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Morris Claiborne

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by CaBurghfan, Jan 12, 2012.

1. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Just declared. Any chance he falls to us????? :lolol:

2. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    would be great if the Steelers draft him...

here's the problem, we have Ike, Gay, Brown, Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis. I think we are allright in that department...

I say Guard or Inside Linbacker in 1st round

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    He'll likely be going early in the first round, so no. :)

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He is a stud. he will blow people away at combine. He will be top ten or 1st corner taken. kirkpatrick from bama might fall. he declared today

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Can we trade up to get him? None of those guys you mentioned helped us much this year

6. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Chalk up another. If Claiborne is clearly the BPA left on the board then yeah, nab him. Otherwise we shouldn't pass up the premier OL or LB left on the board.

8. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Really!! So ike has one bad game and you forget he is what helped us make it to the playoffs, and Gay has two game ending itn's and shown great improvement!!
    Yea, none of those guys did anything for us did they??? :shrug:

9. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Mo wont be around when we pick unless the FO moves WAY UP to get him, and seeing as how he is not a glaring need we wouldnt. Im beginning to feel like Allen and Brown could be players?

10. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope we get a CB somewhere in this years draft? It would be nice if Brown and Allen work out for us?

11. steelfan

steelfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Gay is an UFA so I'm not sure he will return. It depends on how well the younger guys behind him develop. I wouldn't mind him coming back for the right price though. It is more important for me that the front office determine which veterans to just let go and which ones to bring back at reduced salary cap figures. Management can't afford to be too sentimental or else next year's team will look too much like the 2011 edition. They will then fall further behind their AFC North competition.

12. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Your Right!

13. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm big on Brown and Allen too you guys, but we still will need another corner. Especially one that can start. Best case scenario, both Brown and Allen become good starters. But we can't be sure of that right now. All we've seen so far is potential. Gay might be gone this year or next, and he's also not a player I would base my draft around (except to say, "we really should draft someone to replace Gay"). I know he did better this year than last year, but he's still not the answer to anything and can still have games that kill us.

Plus, even if Brown and Allen both work out like we hope, we'll eventually need someone to replace Ike Taylor, who has clearly already lost that step of speed he once had on everybody. He used to be the fastest man in the league, and we now know he's exactly as fast as Demaryius Thomas, who is not the fastest anything. I'm not saying we should reach for a corner, but we are far from set at the position. You have to have three starters at CB to be successful. Looking at the present, we only have Taylor. Looking at the future, we might have Brown and Allen. We need someone new, no doubt. The only questions are, how and when do we get him? Do we roll the dice on another mid-rounder? We appear to have gotten two in a row doing that last year, but before that the track record is ugly.

I would absolutely not say no to a top-flight CB if one should come to us in rounds one or two. That said, I'm still eyeing DeCastro and I don't think any of the top CBs make it to us at #24.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    lewis showed some ability this year. hopefully he will continue to move forward as he has each year. i really look for a more veteran guy to be brought in. there are several going to be out there this year. it also gives them another year to bring the newbies along. usually year 3 is the big jump. as for lewis, i think he could be as good or better then gay at this point.

i'm still hoping for markelle martin at the safety spot though. we really could use a fresh playmaker back there to start learning this year. then maybe ike can be moved back to safety after another year at corner. i really think he could be very good facing the play. even a step slower. that would give us two years before clark and troy start moving in the other direction in thier game. :cool: