1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

More AB Drama...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SC Gamecock, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If thats the play, some of you guys are freaking drama queens. But I heard it was after the Colbi TD, so I just looked that up and nope, nothing there either.

Calling BS on Aditi, the reporter who called attention to this non story. He wasn't standing in the back of the end zone waving his arms, it wasn't even a pass play! And that didn't happen in the Colbi TD either.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Cobi-Hamilton-gets-behind-Patriots-for-TD-catch-50742762

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I couldn't see AB's reaction on the Cobi TD, but if he wasn't celebrating at that point in the game I don't blame him. What was there to celebrate, losing by 3 scores instead of 4?
    If AB's negative reaction wasn't on either of those TD's, it must have been on one of their other TD's......oh, wait, umm...;)

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol: Yeah, what did we score again? 28 points?

Yup, can't see his reaction but the claim he was in the end zone waving his arms is bogus. Must run a 2 second 40.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The Steelers have done well with nobodies too. You know if the Rooneys will send the MVP of the superbowl to another team for like a 5th round pick, AB can be gone too.

5. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    agree, this Antonio Brown thing is disrupting the team and its affecting Roethlisberger's managing of the game, can you imagine feeling forced to throw to a receiver, icky, after Facebook car crash, plus I have NEVER been a fan of the cringe inducing dances by Antonio Brown, the more I find out about this guy the more I wont miss him when he leaves, we need team players, do you think Noll would have put up w this Anonio Brown stuff - dancing, facebook, getting mad when he doesn't get the ball or a TD, ? Does anybody think that Brown can be a humble quiet team player?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The Steelers aren't going to luck into another player like AB anytime soon. He has the rare ability of being a possession receiver who can RAC and is a threat from anywhere on the field. He draws doubles a lot, which leaves other guys open. He scores TD's. He doesn't get suspended. He stays healthier than most. This attention diva thing is nothing new, it was in his scouting report coming out of college. He was on DWTS, commercials, BiB, ect., it was cute and funny then (to most). He screwed up with the facebook live stream. If it wasn't for that all this other stuff would be a non-story, or a non-manufactured-story, which is what it is. 'Fake news' to give the thousands of media outlets something to report in the 2 week lull before the SB. It seems like everyone turned on him all at once after Sunday, I don't get it.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you thinking he doesn't get an extension because one isn't offered or they can't agree? I believe the team has already said they will try to negotiate a new contract and they generally don't go back on their word. Now, what they think the current value is and what AB thinks could very likely be different? I'm betting very different.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Mike Williams-Clemson
    Corey Davis-Western Michigan
    JuJu Smith-USC

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    But do they look "AB good"?

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    AB left the lockerroom after the game without talking to the media, he's also getting paid by Facebook to do those videos. I would be hesitant to give him 70 million or more, he can be shutdown by a good defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Mike Williams is a freak 6'3 215 or so, he out jumps defenders for the ball a poor mans Julio Jones. He will be a top 10 pick most likely.

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    They will offer him something but no where near what he's asking for. He wont take it and no extension given.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have watched Steeler football for over 45 years, I have never seen the
    Rooney's treat a player as good($$$$) as they have AB. Lets face it AB is a HOF,
    with HOF ego. We need somebody to grow a pair and settle this young man down.
    He will self implode if not stopped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I want the Steelers to draft this guy just so, when he drops a pass, we can all scream, "Bad JuJu!"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Isn't that supposed to be Tomlin and Ben. Think he'd be doing that if he played for the Patriots?

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would say your spot on JEH. Especially Tomlin.

17. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I didn't read the whole thread so I'm probably repeating, but there is no way any team will give up a first round pick for AB unless it's with a package of picks. First rounders are like gold. I can't remember when a player was traded straight up for a first rounder unless it involved a package of pics.

AB has me conflicted. Without his play against the Ravens we may not even be in the playoffs and not many guys in the league can make that play and many others AB routinely makes. At the same time, I don't think that you need a stud WR crippling your cap to win in the NFL and I look no further than the patriots and the last 16 years for my reasoning.

18. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Jesus people come on. WRs are divas. We got luckily with the most non diva WR in a long time in Ward but for the most part too fligt WR are divas who want the football. During the season when one of the younger WRs would do something good Brown was normally the first one to them. If he was pouting oh well that was a rough game all around. All I see on the Williams TD is him throw his hands up to signal TD. Each and every player out there thinks they give the team the best chance to win and sometimes emotions spill over even though I don't see it here.

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree and as such we should save that money and look to trade him let someone else pay it ...

20. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    come on now. this is getting way out of hand...... everyone here needs to breath a little..... let's face facts:
    1. every great wr is "always open"
    2. every great rb wants the ball 35 times a game and all the time on the goal line or 3rd and short
    3. every gunslinging qb wants to throw the ball every down etc, etc, etc.......

I didn't hear anything about AB pouting when he sat out against a soft browns defense in the season finale, effectively giving up the league rec. title......the guy's a competitor, and one of the hardest workers on the team, and we're lucky to have him