1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Montana VS Beadey

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Coastal Steeler, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    For the last few days I keep hearing ESPN whatchamacallit workers? Asking if Brady wins Sunday will that put him in the same sentence as Montana. I do believe a guy from LA TECH had 4 before anyone else. And how will Brady winning make him and belecheat better than Bradshaw and Noll? Huh? Riddle me that Batman?

Just had to get that out. :bs:

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I was wondering who the heck "Beadey" was...

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    No one gives Bradshaw respect... although I can't comment because I never saw him play growing up, I have just seen his highlights...and I know he wasn't very good his first couple seasons? You got to give him props at calling his own plays though...

I hate Brady, but he makes the game look easy and has played on a high level for many years, I do remember Montana playing a little. I do think Brady is better than Montana.

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have seen so many of these list things over the years and outside of Steelers fans, Noll and Bradshaw ALWAYS get short changed. Neither of them ever seem to get metioned in the top of their catagory. They get a nod way down on the list as an after thought or because it would be bogus otherwise.

5. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  6. Romans5:8

Romans5:8 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    There is absolutely no way I can consider Brady equal or better than Montana.

7. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    :this!:

Beady is great, but Montana is greater.

He ain't no Joe. But then again, Joe is on a level achieved by very very few.

8. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    It's a different game, now, and so difficult to compare players from the 70s and 80s to today. Bradshaw threw a lot of interceptions. In 1979, when the team won their fourth title, he really threw a lot of them, including a pick-6 in the AFCCG and two picks in SB XIV. But it was as if he and the team didn't care.

9. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He actually threw 3 picks against the Rams in the Super Bowl. Perhaps they didn't mind so much because his int's were usually like punts.

10. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree but I just wanted to say "Beadey". :thumbs_up:

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Brady is a great QB, but he is no Montana. When comparing QBs across generations, you have to take into account the rules. The rules now favor QBs like no other era in NFL history.

12. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I wouldnt even call brady great

13. diehardsteel

Oct 19, 2011
    Steel Elvis, how did you get your avatar to blink? Maybe I can have mine say something, like "Ok, who wants to run another bubble screen?"

14. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Cmon now. Brady is easily top 10 all time. I dont even think that its a debate.

15. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Those rules also favor his opponents.

If the infamous tapes had been released and it were the case that we knew that no one was filming St. Louis' practices for SB36, Brady would be going for best ever on Sunday. Spygate doesn't and shouldn't discredit him the way the roids have discredited Barry Bonds, but there's enough uncertainty for me to not count his three wins as quite the same as wins by the 2002 Buccaneers, for example. A win on Sunday counts, though.

16. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't tend to say this In here. But, I think Brady is pretty great and in the conversation of top 5 and top 10 without a doubt. spygate included. They got busted the first game of that season I believe and went on to light it up until the SB. Let's hope it happens again. I can't discount his greatness despite I hate his team or to see him win.

If Brady had Rice and that system there is no telling what his stats and career would look like. They are pretty gaudy as it is.

A large part of my life I grew up in South Florida and hated the dolphins but, always loved to watch Marino sling it. He was my fav QB at the time and top 2 still, but I loved when they lost.

If we had Marino during ANY part of his career the trophy case would have been ridiculous. Our running game and defense?!?!?! Talk about the fish that got away... :frustrated: I'll never stop pondering that question. EVER... :hmmm:

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The rules have made it to easy for the QB's of this generation.
    Lets see Tom Brady play against the Steeler Dynasty teams and the rules of that Era
    He would not be as successful as he is now.

18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    IMO Montana is the best all time. (Sorry Unitas) When Brady can come back and play at a high level after back surgery, maybe. (As if Goodell would ever let brady get hit so he would need surgery)

19. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Listen I am a steelers diehard, but let's be real, if Brady wins on Sunday he WILL be better then Joe and Terry

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't recall Joe or Terry having an extra speaker in their headset so the sideline could tell them when someone was on their blindside and to step up.

21. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Brady and Belacheat havent won a super bowl since spy gate. im pulling big time for the Giants this weekend to keep that trend rolling.

if the Pats lose, than i think it will be very obvious that Belecheat is a fraud and isnt as good of a coach as eveyone wants to believe. its easy to win when you know what the other team is going to do. Belecheat is always talked about as a coach that when given 2 weeks to prepare for a team cant lose.

well now that all things are equal we will see if that is true. if the Giants win than i would hope that the talk of how great Belecheat is will start to go away.

as for Brady. he is a great qb and anyone who wants to say otherwise is just being a hater.

22. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    People let's give credit where credit is due. If Brady wins a 4th SB how can he not be the bst QB of all time?

23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Brady is really, really good but, the cheating will always taint his accomplishments whether or not he had a hand in it.